• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I said at the start of the series if England with this under-strenght side get a positive result in this series it would be great & they have. It argues well for the side when it returns to full strenght.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
I said at the start of the series if England with this under-strenght side get a positive result in this series it would be great & they have. It argues well for the side when it returns to full strenght.
There's been some useful finds in Dalrymple & Yardy, and Lewis has shown he can do a good job in England when conditions are reasonably helpful. But even at full strength, our opening bowling is relatively weak and we don't really have the batting quality of other sides. It worries me that KP looks more interested in showboating than building substantial innings nowadays.

Presumably our side for the CT will look much the same as the last couple of game, although personally I'd rather see Cook instead of Joyce.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Without wishing a false dawn, it is a great relief to have secured a decent series result, it's like a weight off our shoulders. Last time we tied an ODI series, we went on to win the Ashes, so I'm blindly taking it as some sort of omen.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
social said:
You keep on about no proof - just how do you know this?

There was a ball and 2 of the best umpires in the world.

U think they got together and said "what the hell, this match is boring so let's stir it up a bit by accusing someone of ball tampering without any evidence whatsoever."8-)

Hair is anyting but one of the best umpire in the world, i wouldn't call him a "racist" but its a fact that he's a very biased umpire.Also, Hair has a history of creating drama on cricket field, it isn't that this "ball tampering" was his first attempt to stir up things, why he does it? only he knows this himself.

To assume that someone is a cheat coz Hair say so sounds dumb to me, as for proof, its very obvious that there isn't any proof yet.The fact that they are talking about examination of ball shows that Hair had no proof what so ever.Let the ball undergo examination.If it shows that it was tampered then its fine, however if it shows otherwise then please don't go on and say "why would the best umpire in Hair accuse Inzi of anything?, even if test shows that ball wasn't tampered, Hair must have seen something and must have been right all along"

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Although it's good to see England at last winning a couple of matches I fear that beating Pakistan at the end of a long tour after winning the toss on an Autumn morning in the Uk is far removed from what we'll be facing in the ICC Trophy and the World Cup.
The bowlers who did the damage today could well be fodder in India and the West Indies.:unsure:
The way Pakistan played they would have lost to teams like Bangladesh and Zimb.:laugh:

Honestly i don't think England played brilliant cricket, it was rather a case of Pakistan playing absolutely dull cricket, something which they are very capable of and hence can never be a good candidate for world Champion in world cup.:blink:

England will be exposed in CT in India, and i don't think they will fare well in WC in WI or even in the ashes against the might Aussies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What a surprise to see you dismissing Pakistan and England. ANybody would think you disliked both teams.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
What a surprise to see you dismissing Pakistan and England. ANybody would think you disliked both teams.
That is not true.I always wanted England to beat Aus, simply coz i'm tired of Aussie dominance.I do believe that England has a very good test team, however i don't think they will be any match to Australia especially when they will be playing without the main strike bowler Jones, while Australia will be playing their full fledge side.
As for Oneday cricket, i think England has a poor side, don't expect them to stand up against good teams like Aus,India,SA etc.Pakistan has a decent OD side but they are very inconsistent, they play good cricket one day yet play crap cricket the next day.If a team cannot play consistently well in a 5 match OD series, then how the hell can one expect it to win WC ? or even to reach WC semis?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
IndianByHeart said:
As for Oneday cricket, i think England has a poor side, don't expect them to stand up against good teams like Aus,India,SA etc.Pakistan has a decent OD side but they are very inconsistent, they play good cricket one day yet play crap cricket the next day.If a team cannot play consistently well in a 5 match OD series, then how the hell can one expect it to win WC ? or even to reach WC semis?
Well, both good points, just seemed to me you were questioning the worth of England's victory, a win's a win

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IndianByHeart said:
That is not true.I always wanted England to beat Aus, simply coz i'm tired of Aussie dominance.I do believe that England has a very good test team, however i don't think they will be any match to Australia especially when they will be playing without the main strike bowler Jones, while Australia will be playing their full fledge side.
That's a damn good crystal ball you've got there. As for the WC a team only have to win two final/semi-final games plus around half of the games in the super 8 stage - that system is not a big hindrance to inconsistent teams.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
IndianByHeart said:
Hair is anyting but one of the best umpire in the world, i wouldn't call him a "racist" but its a fact that he's a very biased umpire
So who is he biased against then.

Provide evidence to back up this "fact"

On a point of reference, how many shocking decisions did Hair make in the series?

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
So who is he biased against then.
Probably still a million dollar question to some till now, for others is rather very obvious.

Provide evidence to back up this "fact"
The only guy who need to put up evidence is "Hair" if he fails to do that then he will lose everything , except for few sympathizers.

On a point of reference, how many shocking decisions did Hair make in the series?
Why just this series???? Have a good look at past series too.The last series b/w Pak and England, the series against SL, the matches played against India.Hair is a notorious past, a man who loves to create controversies on the field, unfortunately for him this time around he messed up things too much and is likely to effect his career.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
That's a damn good crystal ball you've got there. As for the WC a team only have to win two final/semi-final games plus around half of the games in the super 8 stage - that system is not a big hindrance to inconsistent teams.
Super 8 stage isn't that easy as you made it like, there is a cut throat competition in it for teams to get into semis.One has to win most of the super eight matches and then win the next two big matches to win the WC.I would rather back team that are known to do consistely well to win the CUp rather than an inconsistent team who is good enough just for two games and whose main champion player has a fitness problem that let him play just two matches before he breaks down.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IndianByHeart said:
Probably still a million dollar question to some till now, for others is rather very obvious.

The only guy who need to put up evidence is "Hair" if he fails to do that then he will lose everything , except for few sympathizers.

Why just this series???? Have a good look at past series too.The last series b/w Pak and England, the series against SL, the matches played against India.Hair is a notorious past, a man who loves to create controversies on the field, unfortunately for him this time around he messed up things too much and is likely to effect his career.
You can come up with as much bumph about Hair such as him having a 'notorious past' as you like your accusations are still groundless until you show us some facts.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
As for the WC a team only have to win two final/semi-final games plus around half of the games in the super 8 stage - that system is not a big hindrance to inconsistent teams.
I am sure that proves that Australia were the most inconsistent team of last 10 years for winning 2 cups in a row and making 3 finals in a row.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
wpdavid said:
But even at full strength, our opening bowling is relatively weak and we don't really have the batting quality of other sides. It worries me that KP looks more interested in showboating than building substantial innings nowadays..
With regards to the bowling i don't think a new-ball attack of Harmison/Anderson is weak at all. While our batting also has a very solid look if not an destructive look a la Australia, South Africa or Pakistan.

I agee on KP, the bloke needs to chill..

wpdavid said:
Presumably our side for the CT will look much the same as the last couple of game, although personally I'd rather see Cook instead of Joyce.
Cook played two decent innings at the top yes, but i'm not convinced about his ability as an ODI opener, i'd persist with Joyce or call up Mal Loye.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
IndianByHeart said:
So provide the clear evidence to back up the "fact" that you're claiming then.

Swervy

International Captain
IndianByHeart said:
India managed it in the early 80s though

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Armadillo said:
India reached the WC final in 2003 after coming off a 5-2 loss to New Zealand the series before.
India actually were fairly consistent during the WC tournament though, no ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
India managed it in the early 80s though
How can you call our performance as inconsistent when we won 6 out of 8 games we played in the tournament ?