• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

anil1405

International Captain
I'll say Pakistan has a slight edge at this stage. Rahat Ali's wicket makes the scoreboard look worse than it is.

I think Sarfraz can bat well on this pitch. With Misbah and Sarfraz starting tomorrow, there is a chance of getting 400+ from here. Anything below 350 will give England the edge, anything above 400 will give Pakistan a healthy edge.
Its a big "Can"

Pakistan are the sort of team who will be All Out for 355 from 350/6. The 7th wicket partnership is very crucial not just in the context of this match but also the rest of the series. They may not get a better pitch to bat on, so they might as well do well here and approach rest of the series with some confidence that the lower order could chip in with runs when needed.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Top stuff from Woakes. Guy was crap last year, came back a gun. Finn looked crap, came back a gun, now back to being crap. Not sure what to make of him any more.

In other news, Hafeez needs 4 runs to go past Kohli in England :ph34r:

Robertoe

Cricket Spectator
Top stuff from Woakes. Guy was crap last year, came back a gun. Finn looked crap, came back a gun, now back to being crap. Not sure what to make of him any more.

What is it with Finn? I totally agree....is it just his mindset?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Goodness the coverage this series is getting on Cricinfo and other Sport sections of other media outlets. The likes of Azhar, Shafiq, Hafeez, Rahat have probably never received this kind of attention. Glad Misbah got a series like this before retirement.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

He's already gone past him by 1 run

91Jmay

International Coach
Great knock from Sarfraz here, really giving them momentum. An hour of this and game could be beyond England.

Daemon

Yeah pretty good viewing this. He's forced England to notice him and try this short ball tactic which I don't think is going to work out too well.

Daemon

Yeah pretty good viewing this. He's forced England to notice him and try this short ball tactic which I don't think is going to work out too well.
So turns out it worked but not exactly how they planned

91Jmay

International Coach
Woakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never thought I'd get to see him take a test 5fer. Feeling a bit emotional.

Love that bloke.

Niall

International Coach
Not a shock Sarfraz innings that, some nice shots, but ultimately not enough whatsoever.

Anyone think he peaked a few years ago and he will now resort to his mediocre pre 2014 self?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to be happy for Woakes. Made it impossible to drop him now.

Hows Amir's batting been since he's come back? Remember him having some natural ability.