• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

Woodster

International Captain
I don't look at Archer as undroppable as such, I just don't think Wood, Woakes, or Curran offer more right now. Woods is the closest competition but I think Archer has a much higher ceiling with more game changing potential. Woakes and Curran are more a threat to Andersons or Broads position, on balance, and not even close.
Yes I agree that Woakes or Curran cannot compare to Anderson and Broad, in England you can get away with all similar bowlers in these conditions, but I like having a more extreme pace option there. I just think Wood understands his role better and recognises the game situation better than Archer at this stage, I don‘t think there’s a huge amount between their current effectiveness but I do agree that Archer has a much higher ceiling in terms of levels of performance if he continues to improve and learn.

Flem274*

123/5
it looks awkward out there. if clouds cover continues throughout the test, both sides going in a batsman light is...optimistic.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Annoyed England aren't batting really. Always prefer to watch the less familiar bowlers first up.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently the TV umpire will be referring front foot no-balls in this series. Does this mean that the on-field umpire won't even be looking out for them at all? If so, it's going to be strange having the delay before they are called.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've not paid a huge amount of attention to cricket this past few years but I'm still surprised at just how unfamiliar that Pakistan lineup is. I think Shah and Azhar are the only two I've seen play.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've not paid a huge amount of attention to cricket this past few years but I'm still surprised at just how unfamiliar that Pakistan lineup is. I think Shah and Azhar are the only two I've seen play.
If you watched those two surely you've also watched Shafiq?

Babar and the quicks well worth watching IMO.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Yes I agree that Woakes or Curran cannot compare to Anderson and Broad, in England you can get away with all similar bowlers in these conditions, but I like having a more extreme pace option there. I just think Wood understands his role better and recognises the game situation better than Archer at this stage, I don‘t think there’s a huge amount between their current effectiveness but I do agree that Archer has a much higher ceiling in terms of levels of performance if he continues to improve and learn.
wood looks totally ineffectual bowling in england.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Abid Ali, Naseem Shah and Rizwan are the ones I am rooting for.

And playing two leggies is just silly. Surely Fawad at 6 adds more to the side and there is always his left arm filth.

Sanjay kumar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Anderson might retire soon after getting past 600 wickets mark. Broad being 4 years younger than him has full chance to go past him as well if he plays for couple of years.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure about the two leggies strategy tbh. If you want some spin overs out of your #6 or #7, least they could have done was pick Zohaib.