• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
It's refreshing to have an optimistic English cricket fan (you and GIMH will have to start a club; I wouldn't be too confident to your numbers swelling much beyond the pair of you though), but Pakistan always do well in England.

Without looking I can't recall the last time they didn't take at least a test off us on a tour.
Ha, it was slightly tongue in cheek. However, we’re in good form at the moment on the back of a good series win. You’re right about Pakistan having a good record here though, don’t know the statistics but they must have one of the better win percentages in England.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Info for Aussies wanting to watch, Foxtel does not currently list any of these games in their schedule, however they have just confrmed they will be showing all on Fox cricket (501) starting 8pm tomorrow :)

Last edited:

DriveClub

International Regular
Pakistan are well within their powers to select a batting lineup that (despite Azam) is likely to get eaten alive in England

1. Shan Masood
2. Imam ul Haq
3. Azhar Ali
4. Babar Azam
5. Asad Shafiq
6. Sarfaraz Khan
7. Shadab Khan/Faheem Ashraf
8. Yasir Shah
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Naseem Shah
11. Mohammed Abbas

I don't actually expect them to do that which means they could
Think Rizwan is the keeper of choice atm and from what I've seen technically more sound than safraz

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I remember Yousuf having a match saving 200 in the first test. Don't recall too many heroics in the rest of the series aside from the last test.

Whatever the batting did though, they constantly hampered by our woeful bowling. Umar Gul and Kaneria were our spearheads because everyone else was injured. Probably one of the weakest Pak bowling attacks to visit England.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Remember Younis bizarrely jumping around and generally looking way past it in his last tour? Then he randomly dished out a double hundred and Pakistan tied the series on the back of it. Cricket is so stupid.
Yessss. He looked so so **** early on in the series. Had us all eating crow soon enough.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was doing a Lara, I guess. I think maybe the jumping around helps them to get their feet and body moving better? Lara also did it only in his late 30s IIRC.

Isura

U19 Captain
Just realised the itinerary for this series means there will have been three consecutive tests at Manchester this Pommy summer.

I can't recall whether this has ever happened before in a test playing nation? Maybe the UAE or Zim? When SL first played tests, did they play all their matches at one ground or did they have a few from the get-go? Genuinely can't recall.
SL played in multiple venus in Colombo and also Kandy in early days.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is anyone feeling brave enough to predict England's XI? I don't think anyone got it right for any of the WI tests.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Probably same as last match against WI. If any change maybe Bess but don't think so.
Buttler at 6 followed by Woakes, Bess and the three quicks was a brave call. It made sense when they needed to win the match to win the series, and I don't think they really rated the WI attack by that stage of the series. I'd be surprised if they did that against Pakistan. But I didn't predict any of our line-ups in the previous series, so who knows.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Buttler at 6 followed by Woakes, Bess and the three quicks was a brave call. It made sense when they needed to win the match to win the series, and I don't think they really rated the WI attack by that stage of the series. I'd be surprised if they did that against Pakistan. But I didn't predict any of our line-ups in the previous series, so who knows.
If Stokes can't bowl it is probably the most sensible line-up. If Stokes can bowl then playing an extra bat makes more sense.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If Stokes can't bowl it is probably the most sensible line-up. If Stokes can bowl then playing an extra bat makes more sense.
I wonder if they'd prefer to bolster the lower order in that case. Maybe Curran in for Archer or Anderson. Not saying it's my preference, before anyone gets shirty, but based on what we've seen so far this summer.