• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Australia Thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
I wouldn't be so sure. The pitches in New Zealand are usually seamer friendly and Watson's first class batting record justifies his selection in the top 6 or 7. That isn't saying that I think he should be there ahead of others, but the selectors have been known to take the risky options.
Just going way off topic mate, were you the Kyle Wright I saw in the Sunday Mail today being asked about taxi's etc?

tooextracool

International Coach
Crazy Sam said:
Salman Butt: A
Younis Khan: B-
Asim Kamal: C
Yasir Hameed: B
Yousuf Youhana: B
Danish Kaneria: B+
Shoaib Akhtar: D-
Shahid Afridi: C-
Kamran Akmal: A-
Inzamam-ul-Haq: E+
Mohammad Sami: D-
Abdul Razzaq: D
Imran Farhat: D

those are what i'd give to the pakistanis, not entirely relative to each other (though players who did well obviously scored better) and for the aussies:

Langer: A
Hayden: C
Ponting: A
Martyn: A+
Clarke: C-
Gilchrist: A
Warne: B
Gillespie: B-
McGrath: A-
Lehmann: D
Kasprowicz: B+
Watson: B-
Macgill: B-
i find it hard to believe that anyone can rate kamal and hayden's performances in the series as equal

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
asim kamal played one match. His 87 was a good innings but he was awful in the first innings and his dismissal was as bad as the worst of the pakistani ones in the series.

tooextracool

International Coach
Crazy Sam said:
asim kamal played one match. His 87 was a good innings but he was awful in the first innings and his dismissal was as bad as the worst of the pakistani ones in the series.
yes he had one bad inning and one good one and came out with an average of nearly 50 for the series as opposed to hayden, who had about 4 bad innings out of 5. how anyone who performed as well as he did in that test and really for his career can still be put down is quite unbelievable.

cameeel

International Captain
Shows the difference between Zimbabwe International Side and Aus State that Ervine can't get a game in the First WA XI!

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
AFAIK MacGill hasn't said anything about this. It will be interesting to see what happens to Shane Watson when they go back to Kasprowicz - keep Watson or bring in Katch?
IMO katich deserves a place in the side ahead of a lot of current australian test players.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
I wouldn't be so sure. The pitches in New Zealand are usually seamer friendly and Watson's first class batting record justifies his selection in the top 6 or 7. That isn't saying that I think he should be there ahead of others, but the selectors have been known to take the risky options.
one question, why exactly do you need watson's bowling abilities when you have kaspa, mcgrath and gillespie in the same side?

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
one question, why exactly do you need watson's bowling abilities when you have kaspa, mcgrath and gillespie in the same side?
With so much cricket being played these days, Watson can be used so the others are not worn out.

tooextracool

International Coach
mavric41 said:
With so much cricket being played these days, Watson can be used so the others are not worn out.
while watson gets caned around? IMO katich is a far better player than watson and should be in the side regardless.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
while watson gets caned around? IMO katich is a far better player than watson and should be in the side regardless.
When did Watson get caned? He would actually be the fastest bowler in the team. He is also very good at keeping it tight. You were obviously watching through those tinted glasses of yours.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
mavric41 said:
When did Watson get caned? He would actually be the fastest bowler in the team. He is also very good at keeping it tight. You were obviously watching through those tinted glasses of yours.
Thank god some one else believes he can bowl too.