• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

smash84

The Tiger King
So, the first test starts on Dec 15th with Pak getting whipped in NZ and with little practice before the tour. The practice schedule for Aus is probably similar and I expect a whitewash with bigger margins than in NZ to be the result. But I am still looking forward to see these two sides play each other.

Fixtures, Schedule | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Is there a need for any comparison as such? Praise him as much as you can but the comparison looks silly. Babar Azam might be better than Kohli but you dont say so.

smash84

The Tiger King
Is there a need for any comparison as such? Praise him as much as you can but the comparison looks silly. Babar Azam might be better than Kohli but you dont say so.
don't worry, Mickey Arthur will be eating his words in about 6 months time when Babar Azam will prove himself to be the next Umar Akmal and Arthur will recommend him to be dropped.

And "silly" is an understatement

Slifer

International Captain
If Pakistan can win a non dead rubber test, I'll be very impressed. For now anything less than atleast 2-0 by Australia should be considered a disappointment.

Chrish

International Debutant
Reminds me of people writing off Pakistan before England tour (including myself)

Can they prove everyone wrong again?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
When was the last time Pakistan drew or won a series in Australia? I don't think of them as tourists who come to Aus and do well. That's really just SA and the old WI. Even the crappy WIP team we have should have enough to win at home.

Slifer

International Captain
Pakistan have actually beaten ENG in England in the past. Unfortunately, they have never come remotely close to even drawing in Australia (recently).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When was the last time Pakistan drew or won a series in Australia? I don't think of them as tourists who come to Aus and do well. That's really just SA and the old WI. Even the crappy WIP team we have should have enough to win at home.
They havent won here but tbh this series could go either way because both sides are prone to crazy collapses and brain fades in between playing some good or very good cricket.

One Swallow doesn't make a summer as far as Australia is concerned, and Pakistan has bowlers capable of taking 20 wickets. I think Australia will win but I would be surprised if they sweep it or win with any measure of ease.

Slifer

International Captain
They last won a Test match in Australia more than 20 years ago, a dead rubber.

3rd Test: Australia v Pakistan at Sydney, Nov 30-Dec 4, 1995 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Think they haven't even managed a draw since then in 3 series. They don't get to tour as much as other countries TBF.
Man look at that bowling attack in 94 for Pakistan: Waqar, Wasim, Saqlain, and Mustaq. Two great pacemen a very good leggie and a very good/borderline great off spinner... Wow!!!

Burgey

Ijaz Ahmed. Fmd he was a good bat out here. Scored some great runs with that wood chopper style of his. Love him.

smash84

The Tiger King
Man look at that bowling attack in 94 for Pakistan: Waqar, Wasim, Saqlain, and Mustaq. Two great pacemen a very good leggie and a very good/borderline great off spinner... Wow!!!
The attack in 1999 was even better.

That Justin langer caught behind not being given still hurts. Was the pivotal moment in that series :(

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rameez Raja seems to have made decent runs in Australia too. IIRC he was among the top run getters in the 1992 WC as well. Maybe an under rated batsman?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Would be cool if Sydney turns out an old fashioned turner. Could the Aussie bats score runs? Could Lyon/Sok take wickets?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just been reading an article about the Brisbane Test. Aside from the likelihood of losing a good chunk of each day's play due to storms, it sounds like we're going to get the same flat, boring, no-sideways-movement PoS Brisbane wicket that we've got for the past few years. Hopefully the humidity makes the ball swing.

TheJediBrah

No team from Asia has ever won a series in Australia, in the history of the world

would be a pretty big deal if they could be the firet