• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Too much talk is taking place criticising the England bowling...Come on guys, they only had 216 to defend, not 270+

I think Pakistan were superb in the field, at least by their standards. The unnecessary runout of Buttler and the great catch to dismiss Moeen in quick succession was the match-turning period for me. Otherwise, even after Morgan got out England was looking on course for 270+.

The good news is that the betting sides will now hopefully give good odds for an England win in the 2nd ODI. :)

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Tredwell should never have been dropped from the ODi team. Was a gun ODi bowler, and should definitely have featured in the World Cup.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tredwell should never have been dropped from the ODi team. Was a gun ODi bowler, and should definitely have featured in the World Cup.
I don't know. No doubt Tredwell never disgraced himself as a ODI bowler & I can understand if he were persisted with a bit more. But he always came across to me as one of the cricketers who was not as good as their performances were showing a bit like Hauritz in AUS test eam and Tsotsobe in SA ODI team a few years ago

Such players never had full support/confidence of selectors or fans and they were just a trashing away from being dropped for good or if an obviously more talented player emerged.

At the end of day ENG are missing Finn, Wood, Stokes in this ODI series - so I won't read to much into what happens here if series. Rashid well get a good learning experience out of this.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So happy for Babar Azam. Been such a huge fan of this guy :D

Rizwan, Azam and Malik should be the middle order for the next few years.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tredwell was definitely an aweseome ODI bowler. Him and Swann choking West Indies was one of the best passages of play from the 2011 WC.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah Tredwell's average Australia tour in 13/14 hurt. Him not playing just suited the team balance much better as well because Moeen was basically playing as a batsman at that point (hit a ton in the SL tour in late 2014) and had just come off a home summer wrecking India with the ball. Two spinners would've been overkill in Aus/NZ.

He was really good for 80% of his ODIs though.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like Rooty has been found out, a pretty worrying sign for England. Outside off stick, flat feet and all that.
Tbf he's been getting out that particular way all year and he's still been piling on good runs despite that.

Niall

International Coach
Oh Umar:laugh:

Nabeel Hashmi ‏@NabeelHashmi88 3h3 hours ago
Umar Akmal has been dropped from T20 squad after reports.. he was found out with prostitues in Hyderabad during fc match #PAKvENG #UmarAkmal
Nabeel Hashmi ‏@NabeelHashmi88 3h3 hours ago
Brothers Umar Akmal, Adnan Akmal, Azeem Ghumman, Saleem Mughal were caught with prostitues in Hyderabad #PAKvENG @mediagag @mirzaiqbal80

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
England won the toss and batting first. Despite the "brave new world" of the summer, the opening batsman didn't contribute a great deal.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
These two at the stage of their career where they need to prove they can go on. Hasn't exactly been the most convincing of starts but they're starting to look a little more comfortable.