• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Big Nas ‏@NasirJamshed_ 4m4 minutes ago

Boycott, David Cameron, Harry Potter, security man at Heathrow who put his hand up my bum, your boys take one hell of beating! #PAKvENG

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as I love Misbah, great decision to give MOM to Wahab. It was his spell that won Pakistan the game..and also extremely important in the context of his career.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rashid's series has been so polarising. 0/150-odd to Michelle hero in the second dig, then almost saves the game with the bat but gets out to a criminally poor shot.
Though you can say he nearly won a game for us and almost saved another when the rest let him down.

JRC67

U19 12th Man
Well Hales and Taylor in for the 3rd Test. Buttler will almost certainly be one casualty ... will it be the end for Bell, or will Stokes be left out and one of Ali or Rashid miss out once we get to South Africa?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God this is heartbreaking, they were so, so close too... poor Jono & Niall

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
joke kind of doesn't work anyway cos you use the phrase "winning" which England were never doing, they were trying to draw.

:ph34r:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Gutted for Rash, batted superbly and showed his ticker. Middle order a total ****ing disgrace, if Buttler plays next match it is a joke.
Yup. But that's what we're stuck with in the top 6, pretty much whoever we pick. Beyond Cook and Root, we haven't got anyone else who's capable of consistently doing a job in the top 6.

Taylor for Buttler is fine by me, with JT coming in at 5 and Bairstow & Stokes dropping a place in the order.

But if we're going to compete, Cook needs to win the toss and pray that enough of the batsmen do their job to produce some sort of a score.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I have really enjoyed watching the Pakistan test side over the past 2 years or so. They play proper test cricket giving the format it's due respect. Very unlike the flashier Pakistan sides of the past.
The Inzaman lead Pakistan in the mid 2000s was similar to this.

smash84

The Tiger King
The Inzaman lead Pakistan in the mid 2000s was similar to this.
The inzy led sides had good batting but they didn't have good bowling.

Also I think the opening combo sucked big time even back then (although it is bad even now)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The inzy led sides had good batting but they didn't have good bowling.

Also I think the opening combo sucked big time even back then (although it is bad even now)
Bit harsh a few times I'm sure that Inzi team had Akhtar/Asif/Kaneria as bowling options - probably not Asif all the time but certainly the other two most notably when they beat England & India at home cirica 2005/06

smash84

The Tiger King
akhtar was missing on the park most of the time though, and asif came in 06, towards the end of his captaincy IIRC