• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a fan of Masood as well... Was very impressed with the 70 odd he got vs SA on debut. But weren't there allegations of nepotism? Something about his father being part of the board?
Yeah I have heard of those...I dont think his father works in PCB but he might be connected. But here's the thing about nepotism though, it's very much part of the system..it's about who you know. Amir got picked because Wasim was impressed and he rang up the selectors to pick him.

This is pretty much how everyone gets anywhere. Not like Shehzad or Malik who keep coming back don't have any contacts. As long as he can perform, I'm fine.

Ultimately in sports, contacts can only get you so far, it won't get you test hundreds.

91Jmay

International Coach
Seems like the pitch has a little bit more, Moeen got a couple to turn a little. Still looks like a 400+ first dig pitch though, but day 4 I think could be much more exciting and set up a good Test hopefully.

Howe_zat

Audio File
50/50 decision really. Gimped UDRS working in our favour there

This is the partnership now, isn't it? Great opportunity.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sounded like there was a noise which had to have been bat on ball.

I don't think they're broadcasting the stump mic.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't understand if the broadcaster can show us the snicko, why can't they just share it with the umpires? Not refering to this decision, this was clearly out.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bit of a gift, didn't need to play it but off-cutter first up shows how supremely confident Jimmy is in his skills.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't undrestand this move from Cook. Wood was troubling Misbah. He kept taking him off after a good over in the first test as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
There are few things in cricket better than Misbah's completely random six-hitting after looking totally sedate for ages.