• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I know I said this pitch is not Abu Dhabi but four slips and a gully strikes me as hopeful to say the least
I know but might as well make the best use of the new ball I guess..both these openers are a walking wicket if the ball moves a tiny little bit.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have no idea what smali and other Pakistani posters have against shehzad. He has a big head but he's got runs consistently in uae.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is why I don't like Stuart Broad. Some times he can be world class but mostly he just annoys me as he doesn't bowl good line and length.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Moeen Ali revealed how he was translating what the Pakistani fielders were saying to Cook :laugh: Should have kept quiet till the end of the series

Niall

International Coach
Have no idea what smali and other Pakistani posters have against shehzad. He has a big head but he's got runs consistently in uae.
He is a twit and is destined to fail outside UAE, but yeah, the dude has got runs in the UAE which is all you can ask from him, done it against NZ and Australia as well. Its a big call, but losing him after the first test against NZ was a big blow, the NZ bowlers stuck Masood in their pocket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What would be your team? Patel for Wood?
Nah I don't think I'd bother with Patel. Taylor should be playing; possibly for Wood but probably for Bairstow.

But if I did pick four seamers I wouldn't be bowling Moeen in the eighth over of the match.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah I don't think I'd bother with Patel. Taylor should be playing; possibly for Wood but probably for Bairstow.

But if I did pick four seamers I wouldn't be bowling Moeen in the eight over of the match.
I think and this is just based on the first test, Wood is more effective with the older ball. He was getting reverse in the last game..so maybe that's when they'll go to him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Something I've been meaning to say for a while, but I think Moeen was a more threatening even if overall less good bowler before Dharmasena taught him how to bowl 'properly'.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be fair we have 3 today and a half fit Stokes. Be amazed if Stokes bowls more than 8 overs in the day.
I think and this is just based on the first test, Wood is more effective with the older ball. He was getting reverse in the last game..so maybe that's when they'll go to him.
Yeah fair enough if Stokes in only half-fit, especially since Wood came on from the other end very shortly after. Still amusing though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I always find it interesting when a spinner comes on early. Some openers aren't very good v spin and it can be a good idea if that's true.