• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Couldn't see today's play because I was soaked in the awesomeness of MS Dhoni. Did Zulfi's balls spin noticeably today?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so continuing on what I said earlier, has anyone came back after a 5 year exile and scored a double ton first innings back? some smart alec mentioned Bradman but the war doesn't count. I'm talking getting dropped and then a second chance

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
so continuing on what I said earlier, has anyone came back after a 5 year exile and scored a double ton first innings back? some smart alec mentioned Bradman but the war doesn't count. I'm talking getting dropped and then a second chance
Not five years - more like a year and a bit - but Dennis Amiss made a double hundred having been recalled at The Oval in 1976 after being dropped for his failures against Australia in 1974 & 1975.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's not particularly rare for someone to make a score on return to the side, so I imagine it's probably happened before. Five years is a long time though. My guess is the vast majority of people who don't play a test for five years don't play one ever again.