• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

Niall

International Coach
Sky commentators sounding baffled at Misbah suddenly exploding, as if they don't realise he has a 56-ball ton
Bumble was asking "what do we know about Shafiq " in the previous test, because as you know, how could you possibly find any information on a guy who has played 40 or so tests over the last few years where most have been on telly. :laugh:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I thought you might have been exaggerating with that number but yeah, he's played 40 already. I guess I'm just surprised we've played that many Tests since his debut. It seems like yesterday we went a full calendar year without a Test.

smash84

The Tiger King
interesting article on adil rashid from Mark Nicholas.

Didn't know he's been around since 2006 in the county circuit.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So happy and proud of Misbah..Glad he got a hundred in his final series. I could just feel from their interviews how determined they were for this game. They knew they play atrocious shots in the first test which contributed to the collapse, took full responsibility and were focused on making amends. YK should have gotten a big one too but Shafiq has done well here to shift the advantage towards Pakistan. At one point, when YK got out, England had a real chance of controlling Day 1.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bumble was asking "what do we know about Shafiq " in the previous test, because as you know, how could you possibly find any information on a guy who has played 40 or so tests over the last few years where most have been on telly. :laugh:
This is becoming a common place thing now - just the lack of preparation that these seasoned commentators put into their work these days.

Only a handful make an effort to do some research, prep work before turning up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is becoming a common place thing now - just the lack of preparation that these seasoned commentators put into their work these days.

Only a handful make an effort to do some research, prep work before turning up.
Yeah I can accept disagreeing with a commentator a lot (I actually prefer it to them just not giving any opinions) and I can even accept being 'dumbed down to' given I'm not exactly the demographic commentary is aimed at, but this really ****s me. FFS, do your job and prepare for a day's play; it's not that hard. Even if they just delegated the actual cricket-watching to others before they went on and read from notes it'd be a huge improvement.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah I can accept disagreeing with a commentator a lot (I actually prefer it to them just not giving any opinions) and I can even accept being 'dumbed down to' given I'm not exactly the demographic commentary is aimed at, but this really ****s me. FFS, do your job and prepare for a day's play; it's not that hard. Even if they just delegated the actual cricket-watching to others before they went on and read from notes it'd be a huge improvement.
These people are never given one iota of feedback though. It's just not done. They are fawned over.

This is why, with a few exceptions, ex-players no longer make good commentators. To be a commentator only you have to show you're the best. To be a commentator having played you just have to turn up.