• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****NZ condolences thread

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
I saw on the Sports news that New Zealand beat rivals Australia in the Netball World Cup Final.

So New Zealand wins the World Cup in it's most popular sport one week after losing the cricket WC final. That's gotta take a lot of the pain away.

Congrats to the Kiwi girls.

FBU

International Debutant
I don't know why the most boundaries scored decides on the winner. If the teams score the same number of runs, how they get them should not matter. I would rather the team that lost the least number of wickets won.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
I don't know why the most boundaries scored decides on the winner. If the teams score the same number of runs, how they get them should not matter. I would rather the team that lost the least number of wickets won.
Problem is, you could then also say that it doesn't matter how many wickets the team lost, just so long as they actually levelled the target score. Would result in the same sort of arguments. The best solution would have just been super overs with different bowlers/batters until either team wins it, but if there had to be a winner after the first super over, then it should have been based on who finished the highest in the group stage, which gives the new round robin format more significance.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If there’s light/ time as there was here, could do a three over slugfest, and if even, then revert to super overs til it’s decided.

Mind you, I don’t know that it’s possible for a game to be more exciting than that final was. Could watch it over and over. Then again I’m a neutral so not as invested.