• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

uvelocity

International Coach
nah when tedesco comes back and we **** moltzen off and sirro jnr comes back we will be right. someone needs to kill anasta though. love you anasta

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Looked like you need more than a new fullback. The Tigers got rolled in every area, but dropping Moltzen would be a start. His effort on Uate for his second try was pathetic.

I've thought Anasta would be the dud buy of 2013 since he was signed and on last nights effort I can only say I hope he came cheap.

We were pretty good on Sunday, but we were really just consistent and committed, not brilliant. The Raiders were just awful. The try on fulltime was lolariously bad.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting thought, how many R1 winners do you guys reckon will be in the top 8 come September?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting thought, how many R1 winners do you guys reckon will be in the top 8 come September?
Souths - probably unless Inglis gets injured.
Manly - probably
Parramatta - doubtful unless a few sides get docked points due to the drugs ****. Too flaky.
North Queensland - with Thurston staying most likely.
Penrith - doubtful, they're professional but lack talent.
Melbourne - yes unless two of the big three suffer long-term injuries.
Cronulla - depends on drugs.
Newcastle - probably

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm gonna go with 4. Souths, Melbourne, Newcastle, NQ. Panthers and Manly will be on the fringes (by which I mean winning the premiership and 16th respectively :cool:). Reckon Cronulla will have trouble keeping up the intensity with all the scrutiny. Melbourne came out with huge performances in the weeks after the salary cap scandal but couldn't maintain it and fell off badly toward the end of the season.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm gonna go with 4. Souths, Melbourne, Newcastle, NQ. Panthers and Manly will be on the fringes (by which I mean winning the premiership and 16th respectively :cool:). Reckon Cronulla will have trouble keeping up the intensity with all the scrutiny. Melbourne came out with huge performances in the weeks after the salary cap scandal but couldn't maintain it and fell off badly toward the end of the season.
Wasn't Melbourne's lack of performances down to lack of effort away from home as they didn't have anything to play for? They still won half their games after the cap scandal broke.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't Melbourne's lack of performances down to lack of effort away from home as they didn't have anything to play for? They still won half their games after the cap scandal broke.
2010 Melbourne were a vastly superior side than 2013 Cronulla. I just think that kind of stuff will become a distraction as there are question marks over whether the very club will survive. I think focusing 100% on footy will be difficult over a long period of time in that environment, they can only run on emotion for so long.

Just a prediction though and we all know how most of them end up.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
2010 Melbourne were a vastly superior side than 2013 Cronulla. I just think that kind of stuff will become a distraction as there are question marks over whether the very club will survive. I think focusing 100% on footy will be difficult over a long period of time in that environment, they can only run on emotion for so long.

Just a prediction though and we all know how most of them end up.
Would be a bloody great fairytale if they won their first premiership this year though.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be a bloody great fairytale if they won their first premiership this year though.
If the Sharks are even remotely successful the "fairytale" narrative will be started long before a grand final.

I dunno, I've never born the Sharks any ill will, and I thought I'd be able to support Flash and Lewis but watching on Sunday I realized I just can't. They don't belong in sky blue (at club level). Don't want the Sharks to die or anything drastic, but I wouldn't mind seeing them get flogged every week this year.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
If the Sharks are even remotely successful the "fairytale" narrative will be started long before a grand final.

I dunno, I've never born the Sharks any ill will, and I thought I'd be able to support Flash and Lewis but watching on Sunday I realized I just can't. They don't belong in sky blue (at club level). Don't want the Sharks to die or anything drastic, but I wouldn't mind seeing them get flogged every week this year.
You're lucky, I only get to watch 3 matches a week :(

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How did George Burgess go for Souths, anyone who watched?

Racked up an impressive DT tally.

The English RL should start a breeding program using Mrs Burgess, IMHO.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
How did George Burgess go for Souths, anyone who watched?

Racked up an impressive DT tally.

The English RL should start a breeding program using Mrs Burgess, IMHO.
Yeah, Souths have struck a goldmine with that family. He's a got a ****ing twin.

Incidentally, how did Taylor go with the Titans? and Jamal, heard he's in the best shape of his life.

Last edited: