• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

dermo

International Vice-Captain
**** me luke brooks is good, i was in a constant rugby induced orgasm the entire game watching him play

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I went to the SCG and watching Brooks was worth the price of admission alone - Had free tickets.

But yeah, he looked great in attack, definitely going to be gun next year. I heard that he might not be able to play next week and was only allowed because the Dragons game didn't make a difference in the finals. Would be dire if he was unable to play.

dermo

I went to the SCG and watching Brooks was worth the price of admission alone - Had free tickets.

But yeah, he looked great in attack, definitely going to be gun next year. I heard that he might not be able to play next week and was only allowed because the Dragons game didn't make a difference in the finals. Would be dire if he was unable to play.
yeah he won't be playing next week and if the cowboys are still eligible for the finals the week after he won't play then

its a ****ing joke this 2nd tier salary cap ****, why someone thinks its a good idea to block local juniors playing for the team that has invested time and money in their development is beyond me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
yeah he won't be playing next week and if the cowboys are still eligible for the finals the week after he won't play then

its a ****ing joke this 2nd tier salary cap ****, why someone thinks its a good idea to block local juniors playing for the team that has invested time and money in their development is beyond me.
Its the first rule that I would look at fixing if I had a position of authority. The fact that a young gun can't play because it affects the finals series is one of the worst ideas imaginable. Surely its in Souths best interests, Wests Tigers best interests, the crowds and the TV audiences best interests for Brooks to play next weekend up against Reynolds.

Even if Cowboys lose on the weekend they are definitely going to be in contention for a finals spot until 4:30pm (3 hours before Brooks game) at the earliest, so its unlikely that he will play again this year.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
sausage's duds got an exemption earlier in the year
We got an exemption because we had no available players in Moylan's position (we argued Naiqama was a center). Now that Coote is back Moylan is playing for Windsor.

Ultimately I agree with Dermo. The whole thing is a ****ing joke. The rules applying differently at different times is so arbitrary as well, Brooks playing last week but not this week feels like they're making it up as they're going. I understand they want to stop teams from bypassing the 25man squad planning phase but there should also be room for teams to be rewarded for promoting untried players.

uvelocity

International Coach
We got an exemption because we had no available players in Moylan's position (we argued Naiqama was a center). Now that Coote is back Moylan is playing for Windsor.

Ultimately I agree with Dermo. The whole thing is a ****ing joke. The rules applying differently at different times is so arbitrary as well, Brooks playing last week but not this week feels like they're making it up as they're going. I understand they want to stop teams from bypassing the 25man squad planning phase but there should also be room for teams to be rewarded for promoting untried players.
so's bunji and anasta is a 2nd rower

dermo

Sounds legit.

I'm happy the Sharks won last night. Round 26 between the Rorters and the Bunnies for the minor premiership is so well scripted.
Round 26 only going to be a minor premiership play off cause the bunnies are to scared to take on king brooksy this friday night

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Broncos are now officially the worst QLD team in the comp.

With one round to go Knights (27) and Cowboys, Titans and Warriors (26) are battling it out for the final two spots. Knights and Cowboys are definitely in the box seat for a finals spot since they just need to win at home against Eels and Tigers respectively. Sydney is guaranteed of hosting all four finals in week one of the finals series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing about Parra is we always play attacking, up tempo footy in the big games which really count.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Flog Manly by 50. Cows get flogged by 50 after the **** and Warriors lose.

We got this. :cool: