• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even when we're played off the park we cant help but lead

Little wonder we're smug pricks
Haha, was thinking the same thing. Only NSW can dominate the half and still be behind. Not kicking straight to Slater etc would also be good.

I want us to win so Mal has another hissy fit and writes a column that reads like it's ghost written by a 12 year old girl, but we need to actually score points when we're on top first.

Son Of Coco

Ahhhh, nice to get one back against the famous QLD Spirit.

Hopefully the last game isn't 20-0 after 20 minutes like it was last year.

social

No expert on league rules but how does Hayne get away with dropping the ball cold without it being called back for a knock-on

It used to be irrelevant whether it fell on his foot as a result (unintentional kick iirc) so they must have changed the rules

Johnners

Because Thurston raked it I'm guessing. Really didn't get some of those calls tonight, I thought the muffed "try" from Taylor was a tate knock-on, and then when Jennings knocked it out from Tates hands I assumed it should've been a drop-out.

Son Of Coco

No expert on league rules but how does Hayne get away with dropping the ball cold without it being called back for a knock-on

It used to be irrelevant whether it fell on his foot as a result (unintentional kick iirc) so they must have changed the rules
I thought it was going to be called a knock on too to be honest. I thought it was cause Thurston may have raked it too, but I don't know...makes up for Origin 1 :D

social

Because Thurston raked it I'm guessing. Really didn't get some of those calls tonight, I thought the muffed "try" from Taylor was a tate knock-on, and then when Jennings knocked it out from Tates hands I assumed it should've been a drop-out.
Definitely not a rake as Thurston's hands were nowhere near it - Hayne simply dropped it

Also thought the same about Jennings - he definitely raked it so should have been a line drop out

Son Of Coco

On another note, thought Carney did alright tonight.

Now we just need to learn not to kick it straight to Billy ****ing Slater all night...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Did Hayne's drop touch Thurston? If so, it should be a knock on. If not and he kicked it, it's a try.

It was a great game, QLD just dropped the ball at crucial times. Bloody Hodges continues to frustrate the hell out of me playing Origin.

Bird named MoTM, I would have given it to Farah.

Johnners

Hodges did his job defensively, but was rubbish with ball in hand. Can't remember him ever having a good game in a QLD jersey tbh

Taylor was absolute rubbish though, and it was far and away Thurstons worst game for QLD.

Son Of Coco

I have no doubt it'll be pointed out in The Courier Mail tomorrow that as QLD only scored their tries off kicks they lacked penetration in attack and were far and away the worst team...am looking forward to an outburst of sooking from Big Mal after Game 3 regardless of the result too.

Johnners

Also didn't get wtf happened with the Tate/Hayne kick return in the first half. Tate was tackled, then Hayne tried again to drag him into touch, and then Tate just hopped up and ran another 5 metres...did they just decided that 2 wrongs made it a right and left it at that :S