• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

cometer

State Regular
I see your happy with your form there mate. :)
Well when you consider I think I was lucky to score 1 goal in an entire season, to suddenly finding the back of the net 7 times it would make anyone happy :)

Main thing I'm happy with is that I can help contribute to the team, which was something I wasn't doing at all last season.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Side to play the McNamara XI

GK Blake_Donald
DM Paddy_Gundry
DF T_Loganathan
DF Xavier_Rose
DF U_Mbome
MF M_Reddlapalli
MF Ray_Parlour
AM James_Griffen
FW David_Comley
FW Thamba_Mamesh
FW M_Najeeb

Res:

GK P_Sneeder
DF Luis_Silva
MF Soren_Ernst
MF Bjorn_Berland
MF Ezequiel

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Roster and table after Round 8

Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    Northside_Power           8    6   2   0    17    6   11    20
2    Island_Swell              8    6   2   0    13    5    8    20
3    Central_United            8    3   1   4    12   12    0    10
4    Southern_Dynamo           8    2   2   4     7    8   -1     8
5    East_Coast_Fury           8    1   2   5     4    9   -5     5
6    Nixontown_Nomads          8    0   3   5     3   16  -13     3

Stats available here

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Full strength next match, going to be a tough call between Palour, Griffen and Najeeb. Leaning towards 3 forwards.

Thoughts guys?

cometer

State Regular
Could always be worse but every side goes through the same situations. All we can continue to do is lift our own games when a player is out of the squad for whatever reason and keep grinding out the results.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Not too bothered about having a game off, Mbome is gun replacement. As Dave said, ever side seems to have the same problem.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Solid game that.

Bit bummed I couldn't contribute more after coming back from suspension. Two passes, no tackles ... kind of went missing.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Teamsheets after Round 10
Game 2 of the Charity Series
CW vs Iraq

Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    Northside_Power          10    7   3   0    22    7   15    24
2    Island_Swell             10    6   3   1    13    9    4    21
3    Central_United           10    4   2   4    16   13    3    14
4    Southern_Dynamo          10    2   3   5     9   11   -2     9
5    East_Coast_Fury          10    2   2   6     5   12   -7     8
6    Nixontown_Nomads         10    0   5   5     5   18  -13     5

Attachments

Last edited:

cometer

State Regular
Thamba at his best, great game there. Don't think any of us had a poor game really, was a really super effort playing away from home. Congrats to everyone for a stunning performance. Tough for the Nomads home crowd to bear that but we were there for a win and we certainly put that to bed very early on.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I managed 8 key passes in that game and an assist. Would've been more than my previous season I reckon! hah.

Most lopsided game ever, I think.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't read too much into that performance guys. Nomads are pretty poor, any team on their day could put 5 plus past them. A lot of more tougher games to go this season before we reach our goal of winning the championship.

The big result was the fact that Swell drew with Fury. Opening up a 7 point lead, pretty much 8 points though with our goal difference. 8 games left in the season now, really time to put our foot down and step up.

In other news we didn't have any injuries or suspensions from that game, so we are at full strength again.