• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NFL 08-09 Season Thread

99*

International Debutant
Of course the Pro-bowl voting is not purely based on stats alone. But I can't remember the last time a QB with numbers like his was not put in.

San Diego without Rivers would be challenging Kansas City for last in the AFC West, we have Volek and Whitehurst as backups, fine for a series or two, not for a game/season. Same with the Broncos, without Cutler they have nobody and would be in the same ring as the Chiefs.

The high number of sacks is more to do with the offensive lines inability to block than his time holding the ball. Although he does hold on longer than most QB's.

And this year the broncos have had the better overall team in terms of overall production, SD may have the big-names, but they have faltered big time this year. (With the exceptions of Rivers and Jackson.)

QB: Chargers
RB: Broncos
FB: Broncos
TE: Chargers
Line: Broncos x5
WR#1: Broncos
WR#2: Chargers
WR#3: Broncos

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The high number of sacks is more to do with the offensive lines inability to block than his time holding the ball. Although he does hold on longer than most QB's.
22 is not that high especially for a QB who is known for holding the ball too long, infact it still puts him in the lower half of the Most QBs and is consistent with sack stats in last few years. Compare that to QBs like Cassell and Roethlisberger, they are sacked 40+ times..that's mostly due to poor OL. Although Roethlisberger is also guilty of holding the ball too long.

Swervy

International Captain
big one tonight...Atlanta at Minnesota.

Vikes to wrap up the NFC North with a 30-21 win.

Fusion

Global Moderator
What the hell kinda DEF was that by the Cowboys deep in the 4th!
It was the "choke" defense of course. What a terrible peformance by the Cowboys in Texas Stadium's finale. They had such a wonderful ceremony lined up after the game that included all of the legendary players of the past and brought down the World Championsip banners in style. However all of that felt empty after the loss. Cowboys no longer control their playoff fate. Bill Parcells used to say "you are what your record says you are". Well the Cowboys are 9-6; a middle of the bunch team that will not be a serious player for the Super Bowl run. :(

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stars aligned for the Eagles today and boy did they make it count. Still don't see any way to the Superbowl mind you but good to be in rather than out.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, The Birds Put up a Big Show, enjoyed the game very much, very happy for Mcnabb. On a sad note, Ben Roethllisberger went down during the game today, Steelers QBs were sacked 49 times this season, Highest in the NFL this season.

And Finally :-

Apologies for too many pics..but that was the reason I wasn't rooting for the Steelers this season. Cheap Steeler Organization has been ignoring the OL for a no. of seasons now.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
We are in the same division as the Damn Ravens, Ask anyone that plays them. There isn't a bone in their body that feels right next morning, Steelers play them twice and this year there is a possibility of a third time as well.

Also Whoever decides the schedule, should get his mind checked :-

Eagles, Ravens, Jaguars, Giants, Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Cowboys, Ravens, Titans - That's crushing.

Based on how well they have survived, Steelers should be given a direct entry to Superbowl.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Based on Post match conf, it is very likely that Ben will play the next match which will be on Jan 10/11, since Steelers have a 1st week bye. Eve if he does not Steelers have the best backup QB in NFL in Byron Leftwich who is a franchise caliber QB when healthy, which he is.

Fusion

Global Moderator
R.I.P 2008 Dallas Cowboys. Cause of death: Massive brain hemorrhaging due to the continuous pounding inflicted by the Eagles. Referees being investigated for malpractice for failure to stop the fight and enforce a mercy rule.

In other news, though I hate the Patriots, it’s a travesty that they won’t make the playoffs at 11-5. San Diego at 8-8 makes it by being the division winner. That’s unfair. NFL needs to do away with the current system of awarding a playoff berth to a division winner. If an entire division sucks, they don’t deserve to move on to the playoffs. Oh well, not too upset because as I said…I hate the Patriots.

99*

International Debutant
R.I.P 2008 Dallas Cowboys. Cause of death: Massive brain hemorrhaging due to the continuous pounding inflicted by the Eagles. Referees being investigated for malpractice for failure to stop the fight and enforce a mercy rule.

In other news, though I hate the Patriots, it’s a travesty that they won’t make the playoffs at 11-5. San Diego at 8-8 makes it by being the division winner. That’s unfair. NFL needs to do away with the current system of awarding a playoff berth to a division winner. If an entire division sucks, they don’t deserve to move on to the playoffs. Oh well, not too upset because as I said…I hate the Patriots.
GAGF. It's quite simple, win your division, if you can't then you are lucky to get in. Every team knows this. The Pats should be pissed off at themselves for losing to the Colts, had they won that game they'd have won their division or at least got a wildcard place.

Anyway this is all you need to show the Chargers should be in ahead of the Pats.
Chargers 30 - Patriots 10.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
GAGF. It's quite simple, win your division, if you can't then you are lucky to get in. Every team knows this. The Pats should be pissed off at themselves for losing to the Colts, had they won that game they'd have won their division or at least got a wildcard place.

Anyway this is all you need to show the Chargers should be in ahead of the Pats.
Agree with this tbh

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Been playing a lot of Madden (08 - PS2) recently, think I need to move up a difficulty level, I've won my last twenty matches with the Giants, the last ten of 07-08 (SuperBowl!) and the first ten of 08-09 (The only perfect team).

And this is with Eli out for the year after just 3 matches! (I brought in Air McNair from the Cowboys, and he's having a Pro Bowl year!)
(My OL is gun gun gun, they're set to be the starting five in the Pro Bowl for the 2nd consecutive year).

Fusion

Global Moderator

So if you have a division where NO team is even over .500, it is still ok to reward that division winner with a playoff spot? OTOH, a team can theoretically be in the toughest division in football (just a hypothetical, not saying AFC East was) and the second place team in that division misses out? Yeah, I’ll just go and puke on that type of a “fair” system. Obviously the Pats knew what the rules were when the season started, that doesn’t mean the rule is fair or can’t be changed.

P.S: I can’t believe I’m actually taking up for the ****ing Patriots!!