• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v World XI

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair to Canning, he had been drafted in to the Chappell/Hadlee trophy team so therefore he was surely the next in line.

I don't blame the selectors for picking Wilson though. There's no doubt he's got something that alot of other players don't. I think we'll see him rise to the occassion tommorow if he's picked.

Canning said he believed that Wilson would never be better than a FC player, but i've seen nothing to suggest that Canning himself would be any better anyway.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am sure Bracewell had good reason for selecting Wilson. I hope he turns in a fine all round performance and shuts up his critics and other disgruntled souls.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing that Langer, Bevan & Flower won't be coming, but the show must go on I guess.

It's great that Jade Stadium is expected to sell-out today. Apparently Wellington is pretty close & im travelling from Auckland to Hamilton to see the 3rd OD which is also almost sold-out.

Great news & good to see the NZ public supporting the cause.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I don't really care that Bevan, Langer and Flower are off, I just want to see the likes of Heath Streak play.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Magnificent day in Christchurch Today !!! :D

No problem with the weather. In fact its been fine and sunny here for the last week, so hopefully the pitch will be a decent one-day track !!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
If you didn't know, Vector are donating 3000$ for every catch in the series! Woo.

Aha, summer has finally started to show up here in New Zealand :D .

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
Cheers mate :)
0/16 after 3.2 now. I haven't seen a scorecard so can't tell you who is playing for either team.

From what I have seen of the coverage:

New Zealand - Tuffey, Mills, McCullum, Fleming ,Marshall, Cairns & Wilson.

World XI - Jayasuria, Spearman, Warne, Murali, Knight, Hick, Vaas.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Jayasuria c Cairns b Tuffey 5(10)
Hooray! And I know who's playing from Cricinfo at least...

New Zealand 1 Stephen Fleming (capt), 2 Nathan Astle, 3 Mathew Sinclair, 4 Hamish Marshall, 5 Scott Styris, 6 Chris Cairns, 7 Brendon McCullum, 8 Daniel Vettori, 9 Jeff Wilson, 10 Kyle Mills, 11 Daryl Tuffey.

World XI (probable) 1 Nick Knight, 2 Sanath Jayasuriya, 3 Craig Spearman, 4 Graeme Hick, 5 Kumar Sangakkara (wk), 6 Jonty Rhodes, 7 Ian Harvey, 8 Lance Klusener, 9 Heath Streak, 10 Shane Warne (capt), 11 Chaminda Vaas.

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Confused as to why Knight isn't.
Just checking the TVNZ scorecard, looks like he's not in the team after all.

FICA World XI: Shane Warne (Australia, captain), Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka), Craig Spearman (New Zealand), Graeme Hick (England), Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka), Ian Harvey (Australia), Lance Klusener (South Africa), Heath Streak (Zimbabwe), Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka), Chaminda Vaas (Sri Lanka), Jonty Rhodes (South Africa, player/coach)