• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand v India T20s & ODIs

thierry henry

International Coach
Got on the wets with Sumo a couple of years ago at an ACC event, the guy knows his cricket inside and out so it always amazes me some of the garbage he spits out in the comm box. My only theory is that Spark are angling him to be the Mark Howard kind of anchor for it and have told him to leave the cricket to the ex-players haha.
The supercilious ‘I’m the big TV presenter man’ voice and demeanour combined with his barely concealed desire to be the funniest and smartest man in the room at all times is a really unpleasant mix and actually adds to the impression that he has no feel for the game. My understanding is that he is a genuine cricket tragic tbf. Maybe I just don’t like the bloke.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got on the wets with Sumo a couple of years ago at an ACC event, the guy knows his cricket inside and out so it always amazes me some of the garbage he spits out in the comm box. My only theory is that Spark are angling him to be the Mark Howard kind of anchor for it and have told him to leave the cricket to the ex-players haha.
He writes a lot better than he commentates, IMO (although you could argue that's not particularly hard).

ashley bach

International Captain
The supercilious ‘I’m the big TV presenter man’ voice and demeanour combined with his barely concealed desire to be the funniest and smartest man in the room at all times is a really unpleasant mix and actually adds to the impression that he has no feel for the game. My understanding is that he is a genuine cricket tragic tbf. Maybe I just don’t like the bloke.
His strongest aspect appears to be doing the player interviews at the end of the game, perhaps because he's mostly listening.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Suggest the Jimmy Neesham one is of a similar fate
I blame Kane tbh, too often he leaves too much for Neesham to do and also by the nature of his role, he's going to fail more than he succeeds. But yeah, he's having a pretty bad run lately. Seems to turn it on for big games though, 2021 WC SF and his 26* off 13 against Australia last month.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Bowlers have figured Neesham out? Yikes, crazy collapse here. Macewell will definitely be getting a recall.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowlers have figured Neesham out? Yikes, crazy collapse here. Macewell will definitely be getting a recall.
Yeah, bowl a foot and a half outside off stump. If you bowl away from his leg side mow you should be sweet.

We just lost 6 wickets for 3 runs

anil1405

International Captain
Target 161. If world's no.1 bowler wasn't playing I would've said India were the fav's but let's see.