• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand v India T20s & ODIs

ashley bach

International Captain
How many times has Neesh actually come in with a realistic target to chase or a decent platform to launch from? Feels like he’s always set up for failure every time I see him.
Absolutely on the money here, there's no doubt whatsoever Jimmy draws the short end of the stick time and again, however the simple fact remains
he doesn't produce any overs these days, and it;s few and far between scoring any decent runs.
No matter how much management f... him, it's an old adage that if you're any good you'll somehow make your own luck.

thierry henry

International Coach
I’m sure once y’all have driven all of the anchors out of the game you’ll be very calm and reasonable when teams are getting bowled out for 80 all over the place with no batsman ever pausing for breath irrespective of the situation

srbhkshk

International Captain
I’m sure once y’all have driven all of the anchors out of the game you’ll be very calm and reasonable when teams are getting bowled out for 80 all over the place with no batsman ever pausing for breath irrespective of the situation
England has won both the world cups with the same **** so...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s 120 balls lol, if there’s a collapse to like 80-6 you can stil tuktuk to 120.

Better than aiming for 50 balls for 60 from the get go or playing 30 (30) innings that consistently leave you with mediocre totals.

Besides I don’t think teams are going to see an immediate positive impact if they switch mentalities but it’ll help in the long run.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
There's room for an anchor as long as that player is able to accelerate when needed. Kohli probably the best example, Conway capable of it though hasn't shown it often enough. Just hasn't happened with Kane.

Still don't mind this version of Kane in the side but FFS some flexibility on where he bats - rather than coming out to join Conway in the powerplay and going at 6 an over, could at least consider dropping down the order with a mandate to hit out or forge a rescue operation as needed.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
There's room for an anchor as long as that player is able to accelerate when needed. Kohli probably the best example, Conway capable of it though hasn't shown it often enough. Just hasn't happened with Kane.

Still don't mind this version of Kane in the side but FFS some flexibility on where he bats - rather than coming out to join Conway in the powerplay and going at 6 an over, could at least consider dropping down the order with a mandate to hit out or forge a rescue operation as needed.
Kohli's got the same issues with the start of his innings that kane has ATM, ends up 30(30) quite often. He's just found a way to turn that 30(30) into 50(37-40) and then accelerate from there, when he use to be a 35-40(30) guy. Don't think kane's strike rate at the death is that poor, he's just struggling to accelerate from the 30-40 ball mark. Not sure what to put that down to, as he seems to have the power shot's despite his elbow still and his running between the wickets is as good as ever IMO.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Or maybe this is just Kane's cieling. This is apparently his most productive year in terms of runs and he's going at a sr of ~115, which is about the same as his other high run years in t20I.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Yep, the lack of flexibility is also an issue. England showed the formula with Malan, who floated all the way down to 7 or 8 against us. But we don't change a thing about how we play. That,I imagine, has a lot to do with Kane's personality (and Steads) - Kane especially likes the safe option, the sure bet, he hasn't gambled to get to where he is. Which I reckon makes him, and Stead, the wrong guys if we want to be better than almost every big tournament. We finally got near the formula against Australia and took the game to them, then barring Ireland went back in our shells. Bit feeble.

People see some merit in Kane and that's ok, but to me Daryl Mitchell could do all he's doing and a hell of a lot more. Play Mitchell at 3, and invest in another hitter.

thierry henry

International Coach
England has won both the world cups with the same **** so...
Had Root in ODIs and tbh Stokes to an extent in ODIs and definitely recently in T20s

I agree ideally your ‘anchor’ also scores at a decent clip….you just need a couple of guys who are good at like, not getting out

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It can't help Kane that he's looking at his batting card and seeing neeshaw at 6, Santner at 7 and 4 #9's or worse. Phillips can give you overs, so can Mitchell. This side is basically 2 batsmen short.

ataraxia

International Coach
it's almost like they should've played the guy who got the most runs in the last domestic T20 season by leagues, and also got POTS in a tri-series for his bowling a week and a half before the WC. (Damn that guy must be so unlucky)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ selectors are so harsh on him.
It's important the NZ T20I team continues to get at least a signature splash of chocolate swirled into its presentation. Seeing Ravindra as a No. 5 in a NZ v India T20I this time last year also sticks in my mind. Rachin catapulted up into that position averaging about 14 and striking at 120 for Wellington.