• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Loony BoB

International Captain
Gutted at the loss. If Sinclair remains in the side for the next game then I'll almost be expecting a loss. =/

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Josh said:
Still astonishes me that some people think Brett Lee shouldn't be there...
Let's hope these people show up in this tour thread. :)

I'm far from his biggest fan, but I know he deserves his place in the Australian ODI team, and those that think he doesn't now have egg on their face. Especially those that claim Kaspa is the far superior ODI bowler (once again, that's not taking anything away from Kaspa, rather displaying how good Lee is in the ODI form).

Fiery

Banned
Jono said:
Let's hope these people show up in this tour thread. :)

I'm far from his biggest fan, but I know he deserves his place in the Australian ODI team, and those that think he doesn't now have egg on their face. Especially those that claim Kaspa is the far superior ODI bowler (once again, that's not taking anything away from Kaspa, rather displaying how good Lee is in the ODI form).
Anyone who can bowl at his pace (and it's not easy) would be a shoe-in in most other sides. As much as I find his post-wicket antics stubbie-thru-the-TV offensive he still should be bowling in tests.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hayds_not_Shoab said:
I've been rooting for Hayden since day 1. Even during his illness period. AND COP THAT NZ! 114!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll just edit your post in my quote so it reads better.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
So who would u change ?

Id be pretty drastic really

Tuffy.. Sinclair.. And Wilson..

Bring in marshall.... adams.. and a bowler.. (Any Ideas who) ?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
That was a clean performance from Australia. At least one batsman scored a hundred, there was a century patnership, bowlers shared around the wickets and were cheap, and then by the end they'd smashed 'em.
Im starting to doubt that a batting line will ever be able to chase over 300 against McGrath, Lee and co. It seems that whenever the Aussie batsman make it over that mark, thats it, game over.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Josh said:
Still astonishes me that some people think Brett Lee shouldn't be there...
I have no argument with people who say that he doesnt deserve to replace Kaspa in the test team.

I will always argue (till im blue in the face obviously :D ) with those that say he "rubbish" and incapable of success at test level.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
social said:
I have no argument with people who say that he doesnt deserve to replace Kaspa in the test team.

I will always argue (till im blue in the face obviously :D ) with those that say he "rubbish" and incapable of success at test level.
My feelings as well. He'll get a bucketload of wickets against Bangladesh. :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
social said:

Tests are definitely a different story. At the moment Lee doesn't warrant a place in the side with Kaspa playing brilliantly, but I agree he's not 'rubbish' (the English love that term) at Tests, but his bowling quality has severely dropped from what it was when he first began his career. Maybe he can rectify that? Who knows, but until Kaspa (or whomever) drops their performance he really shouldn't play a test.

His place in the ODI team is unquestionable as far as I'm concerned. I still feel McGrath (obviously) and Gillespie are overall better bowlers, but Lee deserves his place over Kaspa at the moment. Lee can have shockers, but at the moment he's playing brilliantly.

eastley

Cricket Spectator
What is up with all the Australians who come on this site? Most say kasprowich is a better bowler than Lee, well in some cases I do agree. But the thing that gets me is that everyone who has said that is a Queenslander, yeah go for your own statesman. Your just as bad as the selectors who picked Hopes (mostly queensland selectors). LMAO, Hopes over McGill???? Kasprowicz is alot more tidier than Lee but in a test match who cares??? If Lee can take 1.5 more wickets per Innings then I say dump Kasper. And by the way Lee does average about 1.5 wickts more per Innings but about 1 more run average per over than Kasprowicz. Lee makes the better balanced attacker, we got McGrath and Gillespie to keep it tight and Lee to thunder them down the pitch to just take his wickets. Those three combine better then McGrath, Gillespie and Kaspro. In both formats of the game.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fiery said:
**** off ya sheep-stealing, Matilda waltzing, convict ****s. I hate you all and am coming to Aussie to burn all your houses down after we beat you 3-2.
I love it when you talk dirty ;)

Josh

International Regular
Hopes over MacGill... When was MacGill ever in contention?? Why would MacGill be in contention for a BATTING ALL-ROUNDER spot??

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
eastley said:
What is up with all the Australians who come on this site? Most say kasprowich is a better bowler than Lee, well in some cases I do agree. But the thing that gets me is that everyone who has said that is a Queenslander, yeah go for your own statesman. Your just as bad as the selectors who picked Hopes (mostly queensland selectors). LMAO, Hopes over McGill???? Kasprowicz is alot more tidier than Lee but in a test match who cares??? If Lee can take 1.5 more wickets per Innings then I say dump Kasper. And by the way Lee does average about 1.5 wickts more per Innings but about 1 more run average per over than Kasprowicz. Lee makes the better balanced attacker, we got McGrath and Gillespie to keep it tight and Lee to thunder them down the pitch to just take his wickets. Those three combine better then McGrath, Gillespie and Kaspro. In both formats of the game.
Lee performed badly, hence Bichel then Kaspa got the nod and have subsequently done nothing wrong.

Lee is now learning the true meaning of "never give a sucka an even break."

I believe he is bowling better than ever but will have to wait his turn.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Fiery said:
**** off ya sheep-stealing, Matilda waltzing, convict ****s. I hate you all and am coming to Aussie to burn all your houses down after we beat you 3-2.

Like the rest of the Kiwis, you'll come over, go to Bondi and collect the dole. :D :D