• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah South Africa beats even India and Australia as the place NZ most consistently loses horribly in when touring

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I started watching this 2 balls after Zim's 4th wicket and I have to say this pair both look really comfortable, weird that 4 wickets fell in the first 4 overs. I want Ervine to make a 50 at least for the first time in his career as he and Raza both look like genuine Test batsman.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well, then. Two nuts from an at-his-peak Swann that would've got most people, especially the first - which then led to the overcovering on the 2nd.
This is garbage mate.

He played both deliveries extremely poorly.

Either get to the pitch of the ball or gtf back in you crease. Pretty basic stuff.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
That's what I quite like about Howsie tbh. His love for Northern Districts is very strong, but he doesn't spend too much of his posting career overzealously leaping to the defence of players, like a sic 'em dog.

Good on ND for being like that, I suppose. Still having blokes around who would dare to call out the young players on the dire aspects of their play, before they ingrain.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's what I quite like about Howsie tbh. His love for Northern Districts is very strong, but he doesn't spend too much of his posting career overzealously leaping to the defence of players, like a sic 'em dog.

Good on ND for being like that, I suppose. Still having blokes around who would dare to call out the young players on the dire aspects of their play, before they ingrain.
Imagine someone having the audacity to disagree with you... how dare they. Don't they know who you are. Clearly the only person allowed to have an opinion on here. Anyone else must be a useless Aucklander, who's opinion doesn't count based on where they are located, we get it. Big yawn.

Anything new to say other than the tired old agribusiness meme that was mildly amusing the first 20 times back in 2009?

Zinzan

This is garbage mate.

He played both deliveries extremely poorly.

Either get to the pitch of the ball or gtf back in you crease. Pretty basic stuff.
I can't speak for Steve, but assuming he meant posting a batsmen's dismissal doesn't sum up their entire batsmanship. Shall I now post some dismissals where Tendulkar or Lara looked lost against spin, perhaps playing from the crease as opposed to getting well forward or back?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Imagine someone having the audacity to disagree with you... how dare they. Don't they know who you are. Clearly the only person allowed to have an opinion on here.
Your opinion and analysis is too superficial to properly get the good juicy debates started, more like.

Hit me with some new statistical charts, Zinzan. That's all your posts are ever really good for.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I can't speak for Steve, but assuming he meant posting a batsmen's dismissal doesn't sum up their entire batsmanship. Shall I now post some dismissals where Tendulkar or Lara looked lost against spin, perhaps playing from the crease as opposed to getting well forward or back?
Huh? Did you miss the conversation?
The context is that Steve made it sound like Swann bowled unplayable deliveries to get Guptill. I'm refuting that.

Actually, the more important context is that we're talking about Martin Guptill not Sachin Tendulkar.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Your opinion and analysis is too superficial to properly get the good juicy debates started, more like.

Hit me with some new statistical charts, Zinzan. That's all your posts are ever really good for.
Chill Kip...

Zinzan

Pot/kettle/black from the probably most superficial & condescending chatter on the forum who clearly tries so so hard to impress.

Nah, statistics are meaningless, it's only credible to show a video of someone's dismissal, clearly.

Besides, you talk about debating? You wouldn't know what a debate was if you tripped over it. Your best argument is if person X comes from that region, they must be wrong. That's not debating champ.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Chinouya sending down 110km thunderbolts that never bloody do anything while his fast ass jiggles away is probably the most depressing sight I've seen in Test cricket. And I remember when we wanted Hopkins to be not terrible.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
This Zimbo team is dire. Is this really the best team they can put together? Let's take the "politics" out of the selection process and if Zim could put its best team together, recalling country players etc, what would it be?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This Zimbo team is dire. Is this really the best team they can put together? Let's take the "politics" out of the selection process and if Zim could put its best team together, recalling country players etc, what would it be?
1 Masakadza
2 Cartwright (playing Australian domestic cricket)
3 C Ervine
4 Taylor (playing English domestic cricket)
5 Williams
6 S Ervine (playing English domestic cricket)
7 de Grandhomme (playing New Zealand domestic cricket)
8 Cremer
9 Panyangara (injured)
10 Jarvis (playing English domestic cricket)
11 Chatara (injured)

I didn't pick Ballance because he'd have to spend four years re-qualifying. You could also arguably pick the Currans but I think that'd be a bit cheaty.

morgieb

1 Masakadza
2 Cartwright (playing Australian domestic cricket)
3 C Ervine
4 Taylor (playing English domestic cricket)
5 Williams
6 S Ervine (playing English domestic cricket)
7 de Grandhomme (playing New Zealand domestic cricket)
8 Cremer
9 Panyangara (injured)
10 Jarvis (playing English domestic cricket)
11 Chatara (injured)

I didn't pick Ballance because he'd have to spend four years re-qualifying. You could also arguably pick the Currans but I think that'd be a bit cheaty.
Picking Cartwright is fairly cheaty as well tbf (even if Cartwright was born in Zimbabwe)

What happened to Keegan Meth? Taibu also retired really young too.