• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in West Indies, AUG 10 to 21, 2022

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So we have Neesham, Mitchell, and Phillips and none have bowled a single over? I know it sounds crazy but I'd rather have Macewell than Southee.

Neesham and Mitchell are better death bowlers than Southee

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
So we have Neesham, Mitchell, and Phillips and none have bowled a single over? I know it sounds crazy but I'd rather have Macewell than Southee.

Neesham and Mitchell are better death bowlers than Southee
Bring Allen in at the top and shove everyone down one spot and drop Mitchell.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't realise this started last night, will have to watch the highlights. Nice to see performances by Neesham (to remind us again he's probably our best finisher in a weak field) and Santner (whose bowling hasn't always been as good as hoped in the last few years). Still wish we had better options in T20 than Southee and Sodhi.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bring Allen in at the top and shove everyone down one spot and drop Mitchell.
I'm almost of the opinion Gup goes, because Mitchell can do the job Gup does anyway if required - as evidenced by the knock against England in the T20 World semi. Pointless me saying so, because it's not going to happen. Although if we're talking Australian conditions, maybe drop Sodhi for Allen, Conway to 4. Then Phillips can bowl overs if required, plus Neesham, that's more than enough bowling.

And Southee shouldn't bowl at the death. I don't care if he hasn't bowled throughout the game, Neesham is a better death bowler. He hits the hole better than Southee, and hits back of a length harder to try and tie up batsmen when hitting a shorter length.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As usual, Shepherd and Odean had a go when the game was already done and dusted.

Windies' top order has questions to answer. Open the batting with Hetmyer. Pooran at 4. Mayers is the floater.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Watched a bit of Kane's batting and glad he's finding the middle of the bat. I thought he'd struggle in this series to be honest.

Need to watch the game later today. Timing is good if can get up to watch early morning.

Don't think we're going to see much of Allen or Bracewell unless one's injured

Mike5181

International Captain
I'm almost of the opinion Gup goes, because Mitchell can do the job Gup does anyway if required - as evidenced by the knock against England in the T20 World semi. Pointless me saying so, because it's not going to happen. Although if we're talking Australian conditions, maybe drop Sodhi for Allen, Conway to 4. Then Phillips can bowl overs if required, plus Neesham, that's more than enough bowling.

And Southee shouldn't bowl at the death. I don't care if he hasn't bowled throughout the game, Neesham is a better death bowler. He hits the hole better than Southee, and hits back of a length harder to try and tie up batsmen when hitting a shorter length.
Guptill sucks in white ball tournaments and while Williamson was good in this match he also plods along at 115 SR quite a bit. I'd much rather only have one of the two in the top 3.

Chubb

International Regular
On the one hand this is funny, on the other, having spent some time around Dave Cormack, I find it hard to believe he has never bullied anyone. One of those people with major toxic bro energy.

1660190365977.png

Moss

I don't think we should be fielding T20 XIs too often without Finn Allen. Absolute must for us to compete in Australia later in the year.
As long as Guptill, KW and Conway are all available for selection this likely won’t happen. Mitchell opening in the World T20 last year was an interesting departure but it only meant Conway dropping to no.4 which was suboptimal. Allen will have to wait till Guppy calls it quits I guess to be a first choice pick.

Beamer

As usual, Shepherd and Odean had a go when the game was already done and dusted.

Windies' top order has questions to answer. Open the batting with Hetmyer. Pooran at 4. Mayers is the floater.
Since Dessie took over as chairman of selectors the white ball selection has been all over the place.

Just take a step back and think...two of our most important batting slots in T20 cricket are occupied by Brooks and Thomas....

It makes no sense at all and I'm honestly fed up. I'll look at the lineup next game and if it's the same I'm not going to bother watching, it's pointless.