• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
That's it, have two of our least likely batsmen to make an impact eat up loads of deliveries up top. Great plan.

yay boundaries

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the whole point of Nicol is to be a bit like Lumb for England, and just swing from the hip. If the bowling's too good for him and he gets out then it doesn't matter much as long as he doesn't waste deliveries, and once in a blue moon it might come off if the bowling is poor. Someone forgot to tell Nicol this though I reckon.

Howsie

International Captain
Argh, Nicol is sooooooo bad. Random slog, block, random slog, block. random slog, get out. South Africa must love seeing him walk out to the middle.

Meridio

International Regular
Gawd, Nicol is so awful to watch.

Actually, could stop that sentence at 'awful'. Also, was that number 69 on Phangiso's shirt? If so, congrats to him, he earns instant **** status.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I think the whole point of Nicol is to be a bit like Lumb for England, and just swing from the hip. If the bowling's too good for him and he gets out then it doesn't matter much as long as he doesn't waste deliveries, and once in a blue moon it might come off if the bowling is poor. Someone forgot to tell Nicol this though I reckon.
Yeah it's horrible when he uses up deliveries like a proper batsman

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's interesting how much NZ's odds have shortened from the innings break, even though they've gotten off to a pretty sedate start and Nicol is still batting.

Meridio

International Regular
Right, we need Nicol to just throw his bat now. He's not as good a hitter as, well, any of the others from 3-8, plus Guptill, so he needs to stop wasting balls that they could be facing. Plodding along at a SR of 100 isn't going to get us anywhere.

Meridio

International Regular
:laugh:

Actually looked like he was giving long on catching practice there. Now, lets see what captain positive can do.