• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
cw working again!

Here's a post I wrote half an hour ago:

Saw this article on McClenaghan earlier today Cricket: McClenaghan says thanks Dad - Cricket - NZ Herald News

This part definitely rings true:
"Sometimes it clicks and comes out quick; sometimes the body's not feeling great, but I'm trying to get all the energy going to the target and work from there.
Definitely seems like someone who will bowl 140 one day and 130 another. Have watched him a few times on domestic highlights and sometimes been surprised by how little bounce he generated, but then other days he can get that extra bounce like he did one ball in that last over (the first over).

Mike5181

International Captain
cw working again!

Here's a post I wrote half an hour ago:

Saw this article on McClenaghan earlier today Cricket: McClenaghan says thanks Dad - Cricket - NZ Herald News

This part definitely rings true:

Definitely seems like someone who will bowl 140 one day and 130 another. Have watched him a few times on domestic highlights and sometimes been surprised by how little bounce he generated, but then other days he can get that extra bounce like he did one ball in that last over (the first over).
Mills has shown you don't need to bowl 140+ in ODIs to have a successful career in the format. He bowled in a good area with a little bit of swing today, so I was impressed.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Really don't like the ongoing use of spinners while the balls are still new. Give Neesham a go.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mills has shown you don't need to bowl 140+ in ODIs to have a successful career in the format. He bowled in a good area with a little bit of swing today, so I was impressed.
Absolutely - I have no problem with him intentionally not bowling full speed in exchange for more control in ODIs. Was more commenting on him being a very rhythm-dependent bowler particularly if he ends up playing tests for us.

Flem274*

123/5
Doull calling Neesham a part timer is starting to grate. Bowls first change for Otago and is a genuine bowler at FC level.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Predictably with this lineup, our bowling is poor once the openers are off. Can't rely on Franklin to bowl spells of more than a couple... or NcCullum for that matter. Should bring on Neesham obv. Elliott really looks the odd man out in our team.