• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
Blaze said:
I think he should be. Wouldn't want to predict what Bracewell is going to do though...

He has taken a couple of koncks to the head this summer and just doesn't look like he is approaching his batting in the right mind state.
Too right, he probably should have come off for a bit after that blow this match.

Ming

State 12th Man
It's not about the knocks that's making him not score any runs. He's always had a thing for prodding and pushing needlessly outside off stump.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good stuff from Jimmy.

Edit: Franklin is actually one of my favourite players. To me, he's our second best seam bowler behind Bond...easily!

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
You know you spend too much time in the CW Dev League when you think "He's turning into a real Nick Hancock" :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Voltman said:
Loony Bob,

Why can't we compare Patel and Vettori? Dan would probably have more footmarks to bowl into than Patel, considering both sides are predominantly full with right-armers (bar Boje, Franklin and Vettori, himself.

Patel has definitely been more penetrating in this test.
Out of interest would you say that's he's putting pressure on if they only play 1 spinner in the future or will he need to show more?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Even I'd say he's putting on a bit of pressure - but with Vettori's solid bat along with him seemingly assured of captaincy once Fleming leaves, he's got some work to do yet. If Patel keeps taking wickets, though, I don't see why we can't play them both more regularly.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZTailender said:
Looking at the stats, once Prince gets past 50 he's damn hard to get out...
Yeah, he's only not made a century after getting to fifty once, and that was a 93.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Is Patel now injured?

Seems strange that Vettori's now had 20 more overs than him, when there's a chance they'll only need 1 spinner for the last Test so might as well rest the one they'll play?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Out of interest would you say that's he's putting pressure on if they only play 1 spinner in the future or will he need to show more?
I'm not so sure if it's related solely to onfield performance when it comes to Bracewell's selections anyway.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
andyc said:
Yeah, he's only not made a century after getting to fifty once, and that was a 93.

Yeah, pretty good. Excep he has a lot of scores in the 20 and 30's as well, which is where it all falls down, I guess...

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Here is a question for you guys. Was Fleming perhaps to arrogant thinking that he can get 20 wickets in 8 sessions? SA was ALWAYS going to come out and block the test into a draw, or try to at least. Would he have been better off to set them 400-450 leaving the door open for SA to attack more and perhaps NZ getting more wickets? I just think batting for 7 sessions pretty much killed the game setting a score of 600. Yes the pitch is flat and when they play conservative wickets will be hard to get, but as soon as they start attacking things change Smile

thoughts.