• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Loony BoB

International Captain
Voltman said:
I take it you haven't seen much of Martin's test career then?
Since I left NZ four years ago, it's very rare that I've seen him play, if at all, on English TV. I can't remember reading any articles on him either. So no, not really...

Also, I didn't say he isn't - just that I've never heard him be called as such.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
WRT Smith...

Franklin, Martin and Bond all tend to move the ball away from the left hander. Should be interesting to see how Graeme fares...

Sportsgirl

School Boy/Girl Captain
New Zealand Cricket is sending two squads to play against international A teams and academy teams in Australia during June and July, as part of the BLACKCAPS preparation for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007.

Both squads will take part in a 10 day preparation camp in Cairns before playing a variety of four-day, one-day and twenty20 matches against India A, Pakistan A, Australia A and academy teams from Australia, South Africa and India.

Team One: Peter Fulton (State Canterbury Wizards; captain), James Marshall (State Northern Knights; vice-captain, Graham Aldridge (State Northern Knights), Brendan Diamanti (State Central Stags), Mark Gillespie (State Wellington Firebirds), Jamie How (State Central Stags), Michael Mason (State Central Stags), Nathan McCullum(State Otago Volts), Peter McGlashan (State Northern Knights), Warren McSkimming (State Otago Volts), Jesse Ryder (State Wellington Firebirds), Ross Taylor (State Central Stags), Lou Vincent (State Auckland Aces)

Staff: Richard Hadlee (manager); Bob Carter (coach); Ashley Ross and Mike Hesson (assistant coaches and video analysis)

Team Two: Craig McMillan (State Canterbury Wizards; captain), Matthew Bell (State Wellington Firebirds; vice-captain), Hamish Bennett(State Canterbury Wizards), Gareth Hopkins(State Otago Volts), Bruce Martin (State Northern Knights), Chris Martin (State Auckland Aces), Kyle Mills (State Auckland Aces), Rob Nicol (State Auckland Aces), Mark Orchard (State Northern Knights), Michael Papps(State Canterbury Wizards), Jeetan Patel (State Wellington Firebirds), Mathew Sinclair(State Central Stags), Richard Sherlock(State Canterbury Wizards)

Staff: Dayle Hadlee (manager), Mark O’Donnell (coach), Vaughn Johnson (assistant coach)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
hmm interesting to see Sinclair's name.
Me too. I would have thought he'd tell the selectors to go jump in a lake and that he was going overseas

Sportsgirl

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why has McMillan been named? Surely there is someone else they could have selected instead of him. Jarrod Englefield, Michael Parlane come to mind.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sportsgirl said:
Why has McMillan been named? Surely there is someone else they could have selected instead of him. Jarrod Englefield, Michael Parlane come to mind.
Did they specify whether one is considered an "A" team or not, or are they just mixed ?

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
I am really looking forward to this test and infact even when SA were playing Aus I said in the relevant thread that this was a far more intriguing series. SA played great in patches against Aus but terrible in others and given this and the fact that NZ have shown good form lately should make for a great series

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah im looking forward to this aswell, don't get to see NZ very often unless they are playing England. Should be a competetive series

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sportsgirl said:
New Zealand Cricket is sending two squads to play against international A teams and academy teams in Australia during June and July, as part of the BLACKCAPS preparation for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007.
Anyone seen Southern Man around lately? I take it James McMillan's injured?

If they're picking Diamanti ahead of McMillan, they really have taken a completely OD-skewed approach to this series. McMillan's not often on the park, but 10 wickets @ 19 and a rep for bowling at 145+ during the FC season should've had him covered.

It's not like chronic absenteeism ruled any golden boys out....did it Sherlock. :)

Blaze

Banned
They should have given Todd Astle a crack IMO. And yeah Thompson should be there as well. Who are they kidding with Brendon Diamanti?

Blaze

Banned
Sportsgirl said:
Why Michael Parlane? McMillan is younger and has more potential. I still see him as a Test option down the track.