• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
when does this series start??, anyway it should be a good series of cricket. The two blokes who i'll be keen to see to well are 007 & De Villiers.......

Piper

International Captain
I think it will be a great series too... it will be really close but i think South Africa will win *fingers crossed*

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
if memory serves me right... we dominated south africa last year in the one dayers when they came here...

NZ should win the series....

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should be a magnificent series. So much will depend on which team gains the mental stranglehold early on. For years South Africa had this mental edge against NZ, particularly in close games. However since NZ won that dramatic World Cup game in 2003, they quickly established a stronghold over the Africans taking the home oneday series 5-1 with many going to the wire.

Overall, I'd give NZ the slight edge, mainly due to the return of Bond. Although NZ's other seamers are a bit of a worry in Mills and out of form allrounders Oram and Cairns.

South Africa are never easy at home so it could go either way.

_Ed_

marc71178 said:
Is this purely an ODI series?
Yes, we go back for tests in April. We were supposed to have a full tour now but South Africa asked to have it split like this because of their workload in the next few months.

Zinzan

marc71178 said:
Is this purely an ODI series?
Yes. On this Visit a 5 match odi series, then April next year NZ return to SA for a 2 match test series.

Craig

World Traveller
Piper said:
I think it will be a great series too... it will be really close but i think South Africa will win *fingers crossed*
Looking at your sig can you please make up your mind in which team to support?

South Africa or New Zealand?

Piper

International Captain
Craig said:
Looking at your sig can you please make up your mind in which team to support?

South Africa or New Zealand?
I support both teams.... but i think South Africa will win tho

Langeveldt

Soutie
I can almost sniff the braai's, man I can't wait to chill out on the grass banks with a cold one and watch SA "redress the balance" as far as our recent ODI record against New Zealand goes.. Totally up for this series!! Thank god for cricket!

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
I can almost sniff the braai's, man I can't wait to chill out on the grass banks with a cold one and watch SA "redress the balance" as far as our recent ODI record against New Zealand goes.. Totally up for this series!! Thank god for cricket!
Oh yes! On the grass by Wanderers, bikini tops and sunglasses. Watching Vettori...... :drool: :cool2:

Langeveldt

Soutie
jot1 said:
Oh yes! On the grass by Wanderers, bikini tops and sunglasses. Watching Vettori...... :drool: :cool2:
Vettori???!

It was all good till then! (And Supersport park, and Potch and.. and.. Durbs. and.. )