• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India ODIs/T20Is 2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup, predictably KW 8 off 10, just not good enough when you're chasing 9s. He had no business batting that high in an 8 over chase.

Another final where we've decided to find a way to lose. Really poor tactics.

bill8164

School Boy/Girl Captain
De Grandhomme came in too late, sure he didn't bat previously but you have to give one of your strongest batters a chance over someone like Phillips or even Williamson. FFS

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really care about T20 (and E8 even less), but that was a monumental choke. Hopefully now we've lost our no1 ranking NZC will decide to invest more in the Plunket Shield than Super Smash

srbhkshk

International Captain
Don't think it was a choke at all, the pitch was tough to bat on and the game was never decisively in favor of any team till 15.4 overs.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
How do you not chase 67 in 8 knowing the target and with India dealing with dew.

This was a poorly thought out chase and we crumbled under pressure yet again.

Also, Kane and Nicols are not T20 material IMO.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
India have only beaten NZ in 14.29% of T20 internationals they've played. Surely such a low percentage gives them almost no chance to win tonight.
Crap, now India have a 100% record against us in T8I. Next time we play one of those against them we'll have no chance.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Agreed about KW batting too high. In an 8 over chase they should have gone

Guptill
Munro
Phillips
de Grandhomme
Bruce
Southee

and then the rest... Haha.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agreed about KW batting too high. In an 8 over chase they should have gone

Guptill
Munro
Phillips
de Grandhomme
Bruce
Southee

and then the rest... Haha.
Yeah KW has a place in the 20 over team, but in an 8 over chase? If he isn't opening, he shouldn't bat.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A shame Phillips and Bruce didn't score any runs this match - they're supposed to be our new and most explosive (Guptill aside) limited overs batsmen.

The reason we end up with plodders (relatively speaking) like Latham, Nicholls and to an extent Williamson in the T20I side, is because we don't have enough worthwhile hitters to replace them with. Phillips and Bruce are supposed to provide that.

In hindsight De Grandhomme with 17*(10) should have come in earlier than 5, though he's had such a bad tour it's hard to complain too much about that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't think this game is worth analysing from a batting point of view.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
T8 is the future. Just a shame noone this match could score their first international T8 score, by which I mean twenty runs.