• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well played NZ. But if the next pitch has a bit more pace, normal bounce and similar turn it'll be a slaughter.

Jaddu has not bowled much after his injury until now and he'll be tough to face now that he has some form of rhythm.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Wait what, Devon's back?

And I think it's pretty obvious both Conway and Young are in our top 5 best batsmen, but you're not dropping the senior pro at 37 before his glorious exit in front of a home crowd and Nicholls deserves more rope.

Ravindra is such an important cricketer for this squad. If or when he arrives with the bat he will take over 5th bowler and SENA spin duties and likely open too, allowing Conway to slide to the middle order and both Young and Nicholls to play once Taylor hangs up the boots.
I meant when Devon is back. Young is too good to not play regularly when Taylor retires. The inside information is that's coming very soon.

Ravindra's strong suit is playing fast bowling but again a good player of spin too and can bowl as well. Has power game as well. The kid is all class but then he won't probably get a chance to be a regular in the side for at least 2-3 years unless playing in sub continent. Darryl has cemented CDG's place already. Very tough choice for Kane and co to make going forward.

Flem274*

123/5
Well played NZ. But if the next pitch has a bit more pace, normal bounce and similar turn it'll be a slaughter.
NZ get that same pitch too. India came very close to being screwed by two pace bowlers on this slow grubber. Ajaz's MO is troll breaks wicket to wicket, so if he's got the rust from his system a more bowling friendly deck will just exacerbate the middle order issues both these sides are grappling with.

Flem274*

123/5
I meant when Devon is back. Young is too good to not play regularly when Taylor retires. The inside information is that's coming very soon.

Ravindra's strong suit is playing fast bowling but again a good player of spin too and can bowl as well. Has power game as well. The kid is all class but then he won't probably get a chance to be a regular in the side for at least 2-3 years unless playing in sub continent. Darryl has cemented CDG's place already. Very tough choice for Kane and co to make going forward.
Ravindra's on a different talent level to Mitchell, and he's an opener. He solves so many balance issues that Mitchell and his mediums just don't as well. Mitchell is a good player, good enough to have batted #3 for his domestic side when he first emerged before becoming an allrounder, but Ravindra is a generational talent. I don't really care about his terrible T20 record playing shot after shot until he's out.

Next home summer, this is the team

Latham
Ravindra (5)
Williamson
Conway
Young
Nicholls/Phillips/Mitchell
Blundell (wk) (Cleaver or even Fletcher perhaps)
Jamieson
Southee
Wagner (or Ferguson)
Boult

Only concern is the dangerous lack of batsman coming through to NZ A thanks to our stupid dukaburra experiment that's clouding the stats with ****house medium pacers like it's 2002 all over again.

Shri

Mr. Glass
NZ get that same pitch too. India came very close to being screwed by two pace bowlers on this slow grubber. Ajaz's MO is troll breaks wicket to wicket, so if he's got the rust from his system a more bowling friendly deck will just exacerbate the middle order issues both these sides are grappling with.
Yeah but we have Shreyas and mumbai is his home ground where he has a ridiculous record. And if it is the red soil pitch, swing will disappear really early.

The ogre might still be effective but I don't see NZ batters matching Mayank, Shreyas, Bharat/Saha, Jadeja, Ashwin. Gill on a bouncy pitch becomes a better bat as well. If pujara, kohli and rahane don't **** it up it'll be hard for NZ to be in the game at any point.

Gob

International Coach
Yeah but we have Shreyas and mumbai is his home ground where he has a ridiculous record. And if it is the red soil pitch, swing will disappear really early.

The ogre might still be effective but I don't see NZ batters matching Mayank, Shreyas, Bharat/Saha, Jadeja, Ashwin. Gill on a bouncy pitch becomes a better bat as well. If pujara, kohli and rahane don't **** it up it'll be hard for NZ to be in the game at any point.
Its important to remember that if it seams, it spins

Flem274*

123/5

Kohli, Pujara and Rahane are several levels above all those other batsmen you've named, and I've seen all except Bharat play. Mayank and Gill will only be more exposed by more pace and bounce because big gates and angled bats are suicide.

Shreyas on a bouncier deck sounds good. NZ can finally hit him in the face.

NZ will be absolutely frothing for more pace and bounce in the deck. Why do you think India fail in NZ? Stylistically NZ are a middle ground between Australia and England. The Kanpur deck was almost perfect, because it exacerbated the difference between the two spinner sets and negated the height and movement of Southee and KJ as much as possible. You want to wheel one of these out again. It almost worked.

Really fast turn just brings everyone into the game, like a green deck in SENA against Sri Lanka (sorry Sri Lanka).

• Wow
Reactions: Gob

Days of Grace

International Captain

Nah, Ravindra will replace CGD and we will play four seamers in SENA

Latham
Conway
Williamson
Young
Nicholls
Ravindra
Blundell
Jamieson
Southee
Wagner
Boult

Wagner will be the next to retire and even we will have to find another seamer to replace him or just play Ajaz.