• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't this the sort of surface used for the first Chennai test of the England series, when Root batted India out of the game? Though IIRC the selection of Shabaz hurt India badly, don't expect either of the two left armers in the current side to be taken apart like he was.
Sure, but more often than not we pound the opposition into the dirt with a big lead. We were able to win the games in that series later on serious turners because we had Pant and Rohit to take on the spinners. Without them, the rest of this lineup cant do **** on a turning track imo.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'd recall shaw from rsa for the next test

Mayank
Shaw
Gill
Kohli
Iyer
Jadeja
Bharat
Ashwin
Axar
Umesh
Siraj

SillyCowCorner1

Looked like it was an exciting end to this match, Rachin showing his wares in his very first game.

Ashwin going past Harbhajan as India' leading off-spinner.

I guess that it was good for cricket that neither of the batsmen at the end played a Shannon Gabriel shot lol

Daemon

Great effort from the plucky Kiwis. Always manage to play better than the sum of their parts.

India A showed plenty of spine I thought. Decent outing against the world's second best side.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Would have lost this test if Panauti was captain.
Pretty sure he would have won the test given the only reason we did not win was the piss poor captaincy of Rahane.

I'm still pissed that Washington Sundar never got a chance after good Australia and England series with the bat.
Sundar has been injured and is expected to come back in the Vijay Hazare Trophy. They wont let him play a test directly without proving his fitness somewhere. Grapevine has it that he is expected to travel to RSA if that tour does happen.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ will have a great chance to steal the series if we produce a rank turner. Has backfired so many times. Just make a completely depressing road to blunt Southee and Jamieson. Classic SC pitch which starts out a 500 pitch and becomes a 150 pitch on day 4 is what we need. Not his slow uneven bounce non deteriorating nonsense.
As long as Kane wins a toss and we get to bat 1st and bat big.

With Kane and Kohli both will somehow lose the toss (the coin will end up on its side)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Whats he doing in rsa
A tour.

It is being considered a dress rehearsal for the main tour in more than one perspective too. I believe they are testing out how strong the bio bubbles are through this series as well, which is why the A team is still out there and playing.

On another note, the A side playing 3 4 day games before the main team tours there is a good thing and should happen more in today's environment when actual tour games dont happen.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Do you ever sleep
Not last night I didn’t. My 6 year-old daughter woke up and needed me to help her to the toilet at around 2.30am. She then woke up ready to start the day at 5.45am. I may have had a wee doze in between. I feel shattered. But also have the warm glow of a good game of cricket to help me survive the day. My big concern is getting through a meeting with the CEO without losing focus and zoning out to the degree that I find myself accidentally saying “91 ****ing balls on debut to save a test, you ****ing beauty” to her out loud.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Just gonna say it, Taylor shouldn’t play the second test. Apart from an 80 scored on day 1 against a weak SL attack, he hasn’t made runs in Asia since 2014. Further, his weakness against left arm spin will always be pretty brutally exposed by Jadeja and Axar. Don’t expect a whole lot from Phillips in his place but I reckon he has a higher ceiling unless the mumbai surface is a road.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Just gonna say it, Taylor shouldn’t play the second test. Apart from an 80 scored on day 1 against a weak SL attack, he hasn’t made runs in Asia since 2014. Further, his weakness against left arm spin will always be pretty brutally exposed by Jadeja and Axar. Don’t expect a whole lot from Phillips in his place but I reckon he has a higher ceiling unless the mumbai surface is a road.
I completely agree with this, although I know it's not going to happen. He's a walking wicket against left arm spin. There's every chance he's going to get those Bangladesh and SA Tests at home as his swansong. Ideally, with everyone fit, Conway comes back in to open and Young bats 4. I'd like to see that happen from the Bangladesh series, but you'd imagine that will be on Ross' terms.

vandem

International 12th Man
Agree that Taylor shouldn't play. But he will. I don't always agree with the option to back the senior players (e.g. World Cup super over to Boult and not Ferguson, Santner playing in Lord's test), but the selection stability has been a feature of this high-performing team.

But Nicholls might not play. If Wagner comes in for Somerville, Stead has a plausible excuse that they also want extra spin cover in case of (1) pitch giving less help to seamers than expected, or (2) Southee injury re-occurs.

Flem274*

123/5
I think Taylor would benefit dropping down from four. Without Conway there’s no real point right now but when he returns we should try put everyone in their most comfortable position.

Ravindra should open against the Bangers.