• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How long were you here for? Tahki 3arabi?

Dunno man, I've already had at least 10 different meals inside 3 days, and I don't eat meat, eggs, dairy or honey so...managing to stay pretty enthusiastic tbh.
Went over-land through Jordan, Syria, Turkey over 7-8 weeks in 2010 with my now-wife and daughter. Made a modest effort with language but Arabic didn't get much beyond wishing peace upon people and reading the numbers. Jordan was a fantastic place to visit - ran into a lot of boisterous and friendly people, and the usual tourist spots (Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum) were great. Straw wife is vegetarian and she found food difficult - bread, falafel (when available) and ful on repeat, so I'm surprised you are getting more variety. Contrast to Turkey where food was varied and incredible.

What are you doing there?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Day 1 predictions

To make things sporting, India agrees to allow KW to bat twice in the first innnings.

NZ score 206 (KW 73 and 41*)

Hesson to be seen forlornly gazing at Jeets' season stats for Warwickshire after Sodhi opens up with 2 long-hops in his first over.

***** to go thermonuclear when I subsequently start laying into the pitch.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
***** to go thermonuclear when I subsequently start laying into the pitch.
Look I just hope it's not one of those recent Indian pitches described if I'm not mistaken by ***** as 'a disgrace and unfit to drive your car on let alone use as a test cricket wicket'.

cnerd123

likes this
Look I just hope it's not one of those recent Indian pitches described if I'm not mistaken by ***** as 'a disgrace and unfit to drive your car on let alone use as a test cricket wicket'.
I don't think I said that, but I don't mind taking credit for it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indian's living around that area, are we to be concerned about this forecast of thunderstorms?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How is this still a narrative.

This gen of Indian batsmen, Vijay and Pujara aside, are pretty bad at playing spin. Kohli has a lower home average than away average. Rahane has scored a century in every country he has played in (except 96 in South Africa or something)

Narratives from the 90s/00s no longer apply.
Laziness and stereotypes

Mike5181

International Captain
Indian's living around that area, are we to be concerned about this forecast of thunderstorms?
An update from Sid Monga at the ground, "slightly cooler and overcast morning. Drizzled a little last night too. But don't expect any interruptions on account of rain. You might think for a second but given the cracks on that pitch you still want to bat first."
Good news for today at least.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ahhh India, where's your sympathy? Let Kane choose whether to bat or bowl. Big fat bullies.