• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yet they made him skipper.

You can so easily see it going the way of the Pietersen stint as England captain. Bloke's ego just means he'll implode and could take the side down with him.

God it'll be funny.
Except the fact that he's already won 3 test series, two away from home. It's more just his batting that he needs to get more consist with, captaincy wise he's done almost everything right so far.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting, I always thought Mark Waugh wore the classic blow-dried hair without gel look.
I think there was some slick back on the sides in the late 80s mullet. Could be mistaken but I feel quite confident in saying that.

Zinzan

I'll take Manjrekar's word for it that Purjara usually plays the bouncer well. He's looked suspect against it a couple of times in this series from what I've seen.

Burgey

Except the fact that he's already won 3 test series, two away from home. It's more just his batting that he needs to get more consist with, captaincy wise he's done almost everything right so far.
Contra spoiling the Jono bait by uncharacteristically taking everything so seriously.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah Virat will be fine... We just have to tune our expectations from him at home (and England) to lower levels.

#KohlifanbeforeJoni

Zinzan

I think there was some slick back on the sides in the late 80s mullet. Could be mistaken but I feel quite confident in saying that.
This is the Mark Waugh I remember. The sort of blow-dry his mother would be proud of, and no sign of gel.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Top last spells from Boult and Jeets.

Jeets' body language is also so much better than last he played for NZ. Has obviously proven to himself in the mean time that he's good enough to play at this level and get good batsmen out.

OverratedSanity

I'll take Manjrekar's word for it that Purjara usually plays the bouncer well. He's looked suspect against it a couple of times in this series from what I've seen.
He does have a decent pull shot.
Back foot doesn't move anywhere near enough. He gets away with it because he isn't a dumbass like kohli and doesn't fall for obvious traps by going for gung-ho pulls and hooks.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Jeets' body language is also so much better than last he played for NZ. Has obviously proven to himself in the mean time that he's good enough to play at this level and get good batsmen out.
True, although he's not facing Steyn in Port Elizabeth atm.

Nah, he's bowled well, only 1 poor delivery in that spell. Imagine how valuable that sort of bowling would have been in the 3rd innings at Kanpur.

Athlai

Not Terrible

The Phenomenal Jeetan Patel. The champ that runs the camp.

Burgey

This is the Mark Waugh I remember. The sort of blow-dry his mother would be proud of, and no sign of gel.

That looks a fair bit later on to me. I was thinking more along these lines (note the slicked back sides):

Burgey

On less important matters, you'd think NZ would be pretty damn happy with that first session. By the sounds of things they haven't given much away and got a bit out of the deck. Need to wangle a couple out in the first hour after lunch and it'll be on like Donkey Kong.