• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, but if he stays out there for too long, he could wind up doing the sort of damage that could keep him out for an extended period of time, like what happened after he tore a groin muscle in the CT.
Yeah clarified that with my next post. When does bravery become stupid?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Kind of wish that was given. Then McCullum could've been back in the shed for a couple of days to try and get his back right, before being brought back to try and save the game on days 4 and 5. Or at the very least, not aggravate his current injury.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That had to be the most bizarre quick single I've ever seen. Both batsman calmly walking between the stumps, and the non-strike just making it before a direct hit.

Blaze 18

Banned
You have the opposition at your mercy with two players in the middle who can barely walk. What does MS Dhoni, the captain of supposedly the number one side, do ? He puts fielders at the boundary and gifts easy singles! He is among the most defensive captains in world cricket today. His captaincy has not been shown up only because he has a very good side. That will change in the near future.

On a sidenote, I cannot believe Brendon McCullum was not given out to Sreesanth. That was a real shocker.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You have the opposition at your mercy with two players in the middle who can barely walk. What does MS Dhoni, the captain of supposedly the number one side, do ? He puts fielders at the boundary and gifts easy singles!
To be honest, I don't think I'd classify any of these singles as easy.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
You have the opposition at your mercy with two players in the middle who can barely walk. What does MS Dhoni, the captain of supposedly the number one side, do ? He puts fielders at the boundary and gifts easy singles! He is among the most defensive captains in world cricket today. His captaincy has not been shown up only because he has a very good side. That will change in the near future.

On a sidenote, I cannot believe Brendon McCullum was not given out to Sreesanth. That was a real shocker.
Yeah does seem odd, the only reasoning I can see from it is that he must think that if he didn't have them back they'd be swinging for boundaries and they can't really run so it's just giving away the single buut still odd, most defensive captain Ive ever seen

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
According to cricinfo there are still 30 overs to go today. These two clearly need some R&R, physio etc but if they're out there for 30 more overs could easily aggravate injuries.

Time to start the rain dance.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yeah does seem odd, the only reasoning I can see from it is that he must think that if he didn't have them back they'd be swinging for boundaries and they can't really run so it's just giving away the single buut still odd, most defensive captain Ive ever seen
I'd say its because he began his career in the ODI arena.

He believes in letting batsman get themselves out basically.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
According to cricinfo there are still 30 overs to go today. These two clearly need some R&R, physio etc but if they're out there for 30 more overs could easily aggravate injuries.

Time to start the rain dance.

If I am not mistaken, they cannot play beyond five pm local time, which means there are about forty minutes to go for stumps. I can't see more than eight-nine overs being bowled.