• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Shri

Mr. Glass
I thought SA just gave away gun players to other countries, looks like they have upped the stakes and are giving hot physios off now.:p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Grrr...bloody Guptill playing his usual **** shots to get out. Sounds like Taylor and Ryder both get some good ones though.

We'll probably need to bat 50 overs tomorrow to make the game safe. Given how awfully we capitulated on Saturday, I'm not sure how likely that is. Here's hoping for a McCullum double and some nice support acts from Kane, Vettori and ****kins.

Does anyone know when the last time was that both New Zealand openers scored a century in the same match? The only one that comes to me off the top of my head was when Richardson and Bell did it in 2001 against Pakistan.

EDIT: I think Richardson and Vincent did it on our last tour to India way back in 2003. Happy hunting ground for openers, it appears.

Last edited:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
It hurts to think what sort of position we'd be in if it hadn't been for Harbhajan. :dry:
AWTA.

Now it would be better if you can avoid the collapse tomorrow. A couple of wickets and it's the tail. NZ tail is probably the worst around tbh.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Southee at 9 is a fair bat. He's the sort of guy who you could see doing what Harbhajan did for India if he has a good day.

Blaze 18

Banned
Did it for both teams, it's become quite common now.

Anyone watching Neo Cricket? That post match analysis ad for that guy was absolutely hilarious.
I don't know, it seems to be happening a bit too often against us for my liking. Besides, why should the umpire have to go upstairs for a no-ball ? Aren't the on-field umpires supposed to be doing that ? Also, what happens if an umpire gives a batsman out lbw despite an inside-edge, and then decides that he is going to have to check for a no-ball as he isn't sure if the bowler overstepped or not ? What does the third umpire do ? Does he ignore the inside-edge and just make a call on the no-ball ?

In my opinion, whenever UDRS isn't being used, the on-field umpires shouldn't go to the third umpire for anything other than run-outs, stumpings and doubtful catches.