• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Athlai

Not Terrible
Flynn has done a fantastic job of sticking around here, hope he doesn't get out, as it the low figures really don't reflect the quality of his innings.

Athlai

Not Terrible
54"% sure your first words were written Rich. Probably being a "this post was in jest!" comment on some form of childrens forum.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unfortunately, not only did internet forums not exist in 1991, but I didn't have internet access either.

I did write not very long after I spoke, however. Certainly a much smaller gap than most.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyway, 'tis Tea, and the forecast that were they still batting at said interval they'd be safe has proven correct.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: I could read easily about 12 years before I made any posts.
Oh really?!?!

Because SP, of course, wasn't trying to make a joke there, and was in fact actually suggesting you couldn't read. We were all eagerly awaiting your take on it.. I'd have surely taken his post as gospel if you hadn't contradicted it.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Don't know what to make of young Flynn so far. Is he usually this slow in scoring? A quick look at his FC stats will show a S/R below 40.

If he is normally this slow, but has a good temperament, he could be just the thing for our middle order, batting around the likes of Oram and McCullum.

However, I always felt NZ were at their strongest with guys like McMillan at no.6, who attacked the bowling in all match situations and conditions. Let's face it, if Oram wasn't scoring at a good rate out there now, chances are England would still be in with a chance.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As evidenced by your ability to conjure up things I haven't posted in the first place.
I didn't need to conjure-up stuff you hadn't posted. You first tried to suggest the pitch wasn't allowing MSP to turn the ball as that was the best way to make him look bad, then changed your mind and decided the best way to make him look bad was to admit that actually it was.