• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2021

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That wasn't me that suggested they were to be blamed. It was other posters in here, Michael Vaughan etc. In fact GIMH just echoed the exact sentiment.

OK, might let it lie then.
Micheal Vaughan is a ****, let it lie maybe the most passive aggressive nonsense I've read from someone that led the argument, oh and no-one else allows political views to cloud their judgement, mealy-mouthed ****ing crap, when their entire view is based on their political view, ****ing horse**** from you and Starfighter.

Right "cancel culture" is a term defined by people who say one or two bad opinions mean they are cancelled from public life, Ollie Robinson has had a one match ban, that is it, how the **** he's been cancelled is utterly bizarre, look, if the ECB give him a few years ban, I will be in the Robinson camp, as tat would be ridiculous, but being banned going to Birmingham isn't really being cancelled in fact it maybe called a relief by many.

Again like Gimp I'm not even sure he should have been banned, but if it is one match I really don't see it as draconian.

grecian

sorry teja didn't see your post before i posted my reply, stand by it though, it was fun to write

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It does exist. We've been asking as NZ posters for Mitchell Santner to be fired for ages
I'm as we speak hunting through old Travis Head social media for something to cancel him with. Will save it for the day before he's about to be recalled next before sending it to the press

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
No it's not a thing, being punished for past behaviour has always been a thing, that's what has happened, again your theatrics seem worse than mine, and this post seems pretty conclusive of that.

As I've said before, not sure I'd have even banned him for one game, but again it's not being "put on a cross" or whatever hyperbole you were dribbling about.

Happy to go back to any utterly racist, ***ist, offensive comments that were made when someone was old enough to vote, and signed by a pro cricket club, as I said, but you seem to have ignored or gainsayed.
cancel culture is absolutely a thing. Just because there are plenty of examples of people doing awful **** and being held accountable for it doesn’t mean there aren’t also examples of people doing- at worst - minor social transgressions and being subject to continuous and totally disproportionate harassment for it (go watch contraptions and Lindsay Ellis’ recent videos on the subject).

Not even saying that that’s the case here, though I do think the issuance of a ban is a somewhat confused response.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I'm as we speak hunting through old Travis Head social media for something to cancel him with. Will save it for the day before he's about to be recalled next before sending it to the press
This is the part that bothered me the most.... quite clearly was done on his debut test day. It was not found that day, and clearly both he and ECB could have been warned prior to events if these people chose to do so. They are the one's i'd like see cancelled.

For the actual thing I do think its good that he gets a 1 match ban for the optics, but I also wonder how sorry he is over his tweets rather than the effects the tweets are having on his career. I know even as a teenager if I in the unlikelihood put something like that out there, by the next day I would have had enough remorse to remove them immediately.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
You really are trying wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard

Almost flattering in a way

grecian

I thought we were told to stop discussing this ****, but good you managed to somehow find the cancelled Lindsay Ellis through her twitter, facebook and youtube channels.

Flem274*

123/5
cancel culture is absolutely a thing. Just because there are plenty of examples of people doing awful **** and being held accountable for it doesn’t mean there aren’t also examples of people doing- at worst - minor social transgressions and being subject to continuous and totally disproportionate harassment for it (go watch contraptions and Lindsay Ellis’ recent videos on the subject).

Not even saying that that’s the case here, though I do think the issuance of a ban is a somewhat confused response.
exactly
I thought we were told to stop discussing this ****, but good you managed to somehow find the cancelled Lindsay Ellis through her twitter, facebook and youtube channels.
she's really good. chats about films. you'd like her.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, forgot that online bullying and harassment is fine so long as people’s social media accounts aren’t deleted.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Searching for Head basically.. You should make that your title below ur username... :p

social

Ahh, the old one of my best mates is black, even though he isn't argument, Kudos.
huh?

Unlike you and I, Gillespie actually knows the guy and once thought so little of him that he ripped up his contract with Yorkshire

Now he’s got nothing but praise for the guy so why should I presume to think that he’s still an arsehole

News flash: people change