• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yup, we blew our golden chance at Lords. Oh well, can only look forward now.
Ok, let's not go ott. Just because rain is forecast on a given day doesn't mean it's going to rain from dawn until
dusk. Further we all know weather forecasts are pretty hopeless when they're more than a couple days out.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok, let's not go ott. Just because rain is forecast on a given day doesn't mean it's going to rain from dawn until
dusk. Further we all know weather forecasts are pretty hopeless when they're more than a couple days out.
Well you never know... rain affected games have been known to produce results before, especially if it's a spicy wicket.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
All the more annoyed we lost cause we only needed to last what another 10 overs ??? People on here are right , disgraceful batting by the tail end wafting away gay abandonment . 'Lets hope Macca pics and chooses his situations for being aggressive next test match and tries to win a test in England since 1999 and retain the 3rd test ranking, Everything to play for.

Stapel

International Regular
Blokes, where does that Cook knock sit in his career best? Gotta be right up near the top surely?
I think some of his knocks in the overseas series wins in Aus & Ind are on top, for the simple reason they are away wins in India & Australia. But yeah, certainlt near the top.

Jimmy could bowl much better, Lyth, Ballance, and Bell could bat muchhhhhh better. So, England could do better too. Rose tinted glasses don't look good on ya, Dan.
&

Anderson certainly, and Bell maybe...but those other two look like they're going to struggle for runs all summer.
It seems harsh to judge Lyth on these two failures. He has a very fine FC record. If he really ****s things up badly, Hales is an option too.

I have no opinion on Ballance........... I really don't.

What I wonder is how Stokes will fare.

flibbertyjibber

It was against Johnson, Harris, Hilfenhaus & Siddle, not? Not the best ever, but not a joke attack.
Well Johnson couldn't find the right track, Siddle had 2 spells all series and rest was dire. Hilfenhaus bowled too short and Harris was only decent man.

Even the Aussies admit their attack that series was a disgrace. The scores we kept getting showed that.

By the way I am not trying to do a WW here, I just think this knock at Lord's rates far higher than the ashes ones and only the Indian ones are near it in terms of quality. That is how well he played at Lord's in my opinion.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Well Johnson couldn't find the right track, Siddle had 2 spells all series and rest was dire. Hilfenhaus bowled too short and Harris was only decent man.

Even the Aussies admit their attack that series was a disgrace. The scores we kept getting showed that.

By the way I am not trying to do a WW here, I just think this knock at Lord's rates far higher than the ashes ones and only the Indian ones are near it in terms of quality. That is how well he played at Lord's in my opinion.
Agree, I think anyone who watched that series knows Johnson wasn't even in the same ball-park of the 'scary threatening Johnson' of the last Ashes series.

Don't think you're doing a WW at all.

Stapel

International Regular

I guess I agree largely. Yet, there's simply no bigger thing to do for an English batsman than scoring runs in Australia. I surely never meant to accuse you of doing a WW!

..... "Doing a WW"........., really a metaphore I will use and overuse from this point!

Stapel

International Regular
Agree, I think anyone who watched that series knows Johnson wasn't even in the same ball-park of the 'scary threatening Johnson' of the last Ashes series.

Don't think you're doing a WW at all.
I remember the Barmy Army taking Johnson on, and Aussie fans joining in happily:
He bowls to the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
He bowls to the leeeeeeeeeeeeeft
That Mitchell Johnson
His bowling is ****e!