• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fulton has about as much experience as Taylor.
Yeah, he's only just coming back into the team though, and his performances for NZ of late have been absolutely terrible. Granted he's been in better form domestically of late but it's not like he's going to ease many minds in his first game back.

McCullum moreso than either.
Prince EWS said:
either inexperienced or just not very good
I know it's an unpopular opinion but I've been there before.

We should run over Australia here.
I don't disagree with that at all - New Zealand should be very firm favourites. It's far from a forgone conclusion though given the batting lineup NZ are fielding.

kingkallis

International Coach
Taking the Batting PP now while there is wickets in hand vs leaving it to the last 5?

Thoughts?
It totally depends on the situation on hands!

Example :

McKenzie & Duminy were all set and Botha missed the trick by not taking it on right time in 1st ODI between Aus / SAF!

Today Ricky pushed it a bit earlier and that triggered the batsman to go for biggies when it was not really needed! They needed to keep playing to take the total over 200

In my opinion : PP3 should be used properly in last 10 overs

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Absolutely, but if they don't think they're going to chase this then when are they ever going to be confident about anything? Should be pumped up right now in the dressing rooms.
Well I don't think anyone was suggesting they think Australia are favourites at this point; merely that New Zealand have to bat sensibly as it's far from all over.

New Zealand should win, but that doesn't mean they should go out there and try to blast the game away and win by 10 wickets inside 30 overs. 181 is well, well, well below par but it's not a target NZ can afford to take for granted. If they do, they'll lose.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aus really missing Hayden/Gilly at the top of the order to set up the innings for us IMO.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Needs to be said: one of the best fielding performances by a team in an ODI.
The only misfield I noted was O'Brien's poor dive at point - over the top of the ball. Mind you, I'm not sure why he'd be in at point anyway. Jeets should be hunting in there.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Tait second ball! Looked like some bat!

C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

EDIT: Haha, HUGE inside edge, was plain to see.