• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a wonderful shot by Johnson. Full toss deserved to be punished, but that was fantastic.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
It's true though, he's just switched to changing paces, bowling hard to hit (but not necessarily aggressive lines and lengths) which rely on the batsman to hit. Not saying he's doing a bad job, just with the way he's going about it's more a containing mentality with first priority keeping the runs down, second priority taking wickets.
Okay, well that's a different post to what you made before. Rest assured, he'll take a few early here.

Craig

World Traveller
Johnson annoys the hell of me as he is just a bloody slogger and not much else when he bats. And yeah I think the same of Albie Morkel, because if it wasn't for his hitting ability he would not be in the SA ODI team since he is rather mediocre with the ball.

pasag

RTDAS
Johnson annoys the hell of me as he is just a bloody slogger and not much else when he bats. And yeah I think the same of Albie Morkel, because if it wasn't for his hitting ability he would not be in the SA ODI team since he is rather mediocre with the ball.
Slogger? Wtf?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Not bad in the end considering Australia's position.

There's a real lack of depth in this Black Caps lineup compared to past sides, so I think Australia would be fairly confident about eating their way into our batting. Hope we get off to a steady start and be like 23-0 after 10 overs.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson definitely isn't a slogger IMO. Not much foot movement but he's capable of scoring test centuries, has all the shots and can play in varying styles depending on the circumstances.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
It's too hard to comment on it, when we're making assumptions about the plans. They may have been going to take the powerplay the next over before Haddin went out.

However, they should and do have every right to expect Hopes to be able to capitalise on a Powerplay situation in the last 10 overs. And to be honest, if he wants to keep his spot in the side, then he needs to be able to give us more than today.

Hussey and Hopes looked as though they were trying to hit 8s in the powerplay. Seen too much Albie Morkel.
It was just really bad cricket all round, hussey done by a slower ball for the second time in 3 days. Hopes.... well I do not see him as an international all-rounder.

Athlai

Not Terrible

There's a real lack of depth in this Black Caps lineup compared to past sides, so I think Australia would be fairly confident about eating their way into our batting. Hope we get off to a steady start and be like 23-0 after 10 overs.
The pitch is great for batting. McCullum will attack almost certainly.

Flem274*

123/5

Look, if we lose this the knives should come out. There is no excuse if we lose this.