• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Is it just me, or did it look like Southee got in the way of a direct hit from the deep by Guptill?

Looked as if it was going on, and it looked pretty tight.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Far out most of you annoy me. You'd be criticising them if they'd lost 5 or 6 heading into the final ten and now you're firing up for them not going quickly enough.

The facts are, Australia's batting has been very fragile of late, so instead of going for it and getting out for <200, they're posting a total to give themselves a chance.

Yes it's not going to be a large score, but it's competitive, a hot day and we're more than in with a shot.

pup11

International Coach
Extremely careful batting against the spinners, don't want to lose any wickets there do the Aussies.
They just haven't been able to get the spinners away through the summer, first it was Botha and Duminy and now its Vettori and Patel, i think that's where they really miss someone like Symonds.

Symonds use to take the spinners on and intimidate them, and that really use to inject a lot of momentum into the Aussie innings, but that has been missing for a while now, David Hussey is a guy who is probably capable of that in this team, but its not happening for him atm.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
This Michael clarke is playing so slow.. comon 250 is no where close to a safty target for Aus..
They are playing NZ, I think a lower total is actually safer.
You never know which NZ batting line-up will show up, over-reliant on McCullum to get us off to a flier in a chase.

pup11

International Coach
Tremendous fitness levels on from Clarke here, has been there from ball 1 on such a hot day and still showing great intensity with his running between the wickets.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
David Hussey is an extremely average player. I've yet to see anything from him that convinces me he's worth a look in long term.