• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2022

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
swap stoinis for green and I think I can just about get behind this structure for the line-up. when green inevitable misses, it's tricky bringing in a replacement though (as stoinis sucks)

Flem274*

123/5
The players on paper aren't the issue pet se, but **** me are they good at finding ways to lose as a collective

In saying that, if the current guys aren't mentally up to it, shake the team up and fire management. Get some fearless young guys in there.

They won't win the wc but this lot won't either.

This commentator right now discussing the block - yes

Spark

Global Moderator
The players on paper aren't the issue pet se, but **** me are they good at finding ways to lose as a collective

In saying that, if the current guys aren't mentally up to it, shake the team up and fire management. Get some fearless young guys in there.

They won't win the wc but this lot won't either.

This commentator right now discussing the block - yes
Tonight is nothing to do with personnel. These players are more than good enough to at least have a crack, which they barely have tonight. 100% a mental thing IMO.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Yup, mental thing for sure. How did Williamson believe that dead batting everything was the best way to go about it. I'd say he needs a break from the game except he has been available for barely 50% of NZ's games in the last year or so.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If they underperform at least we've got alternative players to pressure their spots - Allen, Phillips, Nicholls, Young, Chapman etc. Will the selectors be brave or conservative?

anil1405

International Captain
Mentality plus team management's philosophy too. You can't play such subdued cricket and expect to win.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Dear Brendon McCullum.

Please come back. I'm sorry for making fun of #intent. I'm sorry for laughing about needing to earn the right to be aggressive. I will repeat all your motivational mumbo jumbo ad nauseum from now on. I will call cricket Bazball.

Just please, for the love of god, teach our batsmen to play with #intent again.

Signed
NZ cricketweb

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
swap stoinis for green and I think I can just about get behind this structure for the line-up. when green inevitable misses, it's tricky bringing in a replacement though (as stoinis sucks)
Marsh is a pretty good option (Although he's very rarely fit for ODI's for whatever reason.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jayzus, these guys are so mentally cooked whenever they play Australia. The core of the side just never recovered from the humiliation they suffered in the 2015 final.