• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

vandem

International 12th Man
I've seen Javed Miandad run out Jeff Crowe from second slip while he was being dozey during and LBW appeal, should that have been a stumping?
Needs to be the keeper to be a stumping, as above.

I recall Shane Thomson in a test in SA, forward defensive to short cover (Cronje?), Thomson held the pose, didn't slide his foot back over the line, fielder either walked in and knocked bails off, or walked a couple of steps and softly underarmed and knocked down bails (I can't recall which). Thomson not attempting a run but hadn't regained crease, and ball not dead = run out.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's an amazing single given Phillips was almost running dudes out trying similar tight runs previous.

Good mojo.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
NZ highest partnership this series has been 76 - Williamson/Taylor in Perth.

Pretty amazing they'll prob go a full series without even getting close to a century partnership; even Pakistan managed it a few times in their 2 Test series.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Needs to be the keeper to be a stumping, as above.

I recall Shane Thomson in a test in SA, forward defensive to short cover (Cronje?), Thomson held the pose, didn't slide his foot back over the line, fielder either walked in and knocked bails off, or walked a couple of steps and softly underarmed and knocked down bails (I can't recall which). Thomson not attempting a run but hadn't regained crease, and ball not dead = run out.
This

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ highest partnership this series has been 76 - Williamson/Taylor in Perth.

Pretty amazing they'll prob go a full series without even getting close to a century partnership; even Pakistan managed it a few times in their 2 Test series.
It's probably the most notable thing from this series really. Our bowling has been average outside of Wagner. It's been poor but rarely have Australia wholly just ran away with the game with bat in hand as they can do in a few previous tours.

But our batting? Absolutely didn't show up. On paper touring pretty much anywhere else in the world against the same opposition, NZ score more runs than Australia. Here we've been totally gormless.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In terms of a 200 plus run lead in 3 consecutive Tests in a series, I can't think of another time Australia has done this in a series off the top of my head.

Even against as bad a side as the West Indies in 00/01, Australia only managed it twice in a 5 Test series.

Actually, just found middle 3 Tests of 02/03 Ashes when Australia did it.
India copped some absolute hammerings in England and Australia in the dark days of 2011-12.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At least New Zealand get to go home now. If this was England we would have two more Tests to get through.

vcs

We were absolutely crushed in all four Tests in England. Only the Melbourne loss was "respectable". A much less experienced team fared much better in the 2014 away cycle.

morgieb

It's fun to compare Aussie's opinions of Kerry with non-Aussie ones. I actually think he's one of our best commentators, but yeah he can get really indulgent if he's with the wrong team.

morgieb

In terms of a 200 plus run lead in 3 consecutive Tests in a series, I can't think of another time Australia has done this in a series off the top of my head.

Even against as bad a side as the West Indies in 00/01, Australia only managed it twice in a 5 Test series.

Actually, just found middle 3 Tests of 02/03 Ashes when Australia did it.
Would that series count given that the second and third Tests England batted first?

Don't think batting on was a great decision given there isn't much time left in the game and tomorrow might see rain interruptions.