• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Mike5181

International Captain
Van Wyk with no pads make me think, why do international keepers wear pads? how often do we see them get hit in the shins?
McCullum kept without pads against bangladesh recently. The cricinfo commentator was jizzing about it he thought it was so cool.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mason always looks such a tidy, controller, sometimes threatening bowler in domestic cricket - pity he screwed up his test debut so badly.

Flem274*

123/5
Code:
John says:
 we seem like we don't even think about NRR tbh
Kieran says:
 slow pitch'
John says:
 Nelson is a pretty small ground though isn't it?
 Spose Rhodes isn't a 6 hitter
Kieran says:
 lol
 guess what he did?

Flem274*

123/5
Kruger van Wyk is mad. No helmet, no pads, keeping up to the stumps with Mason with Rhodes only playing the scoop shot.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Kruger van Wyk is mad. No helmet, no pads, keeping up to the stumps with Mason with Rhodes only playing the scoop shot.
Almost had his teeth knocked out if Rhodes had connected a bit more with that scoop shot. His keeping was terrible in the final half of the innings too, disappointing given his skills with the gloves are supposedly very good.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
No way? :laugh:

Rhodes looks a good player for Wellington
I thought he played well against Otago on the weekend when he paced the innings nicely, and just when he was looking to increase the tempo got himself out. Promising that he carried on with his innings tonight, looks to have an excellent temperament and showed fine innovation.

Flem274*

123/5
Almost had his teeth knocked out if Rhodes had connected a bit more with that scoop shot. His keeping was terrible in the final half of the innings too, disappointing given his skills with the gloves are supposedly very good.
Yeah, was inconsistent. That Milne save was awesome, then he made a hash of a simple through-to-the-keeper.

His interview was lol though. "My pads broke and I don't have another pair, so I just went out there."

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah i wasn't overly impressed with Van Wyk in this game as he failed with the bat as well.

Rhodes does look to be a good player. Shame he is Australian lol