• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I hope that Munro gets dropped from the Aces. I only watched the end of his inning but thought he was an impure striker of the ball. Didn't like his backlift etc and general style.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope that Munro gets dropped from the Aces. I only watched the end of his inning but thought he was an impure striker of the ball. Didn't like his backlift etc and general style.
Really? I thought he was quite impressive - got a bit stuck against the spin of Nick Beard but looked very comfortable against pace. With his frame, it was a bit like watching Ian Blackwell bat TBH.

Howsie

International Captain
Anyone know how many games Nannes is available for Canterbury? Once Bennett returns they might have a bowling attack worth watching if Nannes continues to play with three bowlers all hovering around and over 140K.

Mike5181

International Captain
Anyone know how many games Nannes is available for Canterbury? Once Bennett returns they might have a bowling attack worth watching if Nannes continues to play with three bowlers all hovering around and over 140K.
Nannes will rip through some of these domestic players

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Really? I thought he was quite impressive - got a bit stuck against the spin of Nick Beard but looked very comfortable against pace. With his frame, it was a bit like watching Ian Blackwell bat TBH.
I am probably being a bit harsh tbh. I will watch his next inning with interest.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of a shame the rain arrived in Invercargill and ruined a potentially close finish, although I feel Auckland deserved the D/L win with Otago leaving it a touch too late to belt 60 off the final 5 overs anyway.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The central fags get mauled again. Really not looking too flash, Milne or no Milne.

Shame for Otago, I thought they had a really good chance with Cumming on fire.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
The points table on the Black Caps site for the HRV cup is wrong lol. Ridiculous NRRs for Otago and Auckland.

Rather surprised there's no fixtures today though

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Beard bowling a load of old rubbish out there. Not very accurate or controlled (which doesn't surprise me given his action).

Again, Todd Astle playing but not bowling for Canterbury. Very weird.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Again, Todd Astle playing but not bowling for Canterbury. Very weird.
Sherlock not getting his full set either, despite seemingly bowling well whilst Tendo gets his full four despite being carted. Odd bowling choices from the Cantabs. Looks like Nannes went well.

thierry henry

International Coach
wow, didn't even realise Nannes was in the country. There's something very surreal about all of these guys coming over to play 2 or 3 games in provincial NZ backwaters.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Damn I wish I could have watched Noema-Barnett's innings. Looks to be very entertaining on paper. Instead I was cleaning the rocks in my uncle's fountain >.<

But yay for Northern winning.

de Boorder to replace Hopkins as backup keeper :D