• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2021/22***

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Ravindra being ******ed off the field at the Basin, looking wobbly, assume hit by a short ball from Muller? I didn't see the ball.

(Since when is the name of a Ford car a rude word ???)
I'm at the ground, it was the arm. Probably the elbow. I don't understand the new arm guard being worn these days, the smallish one. Rarely protects much area.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ravindra being ******ed off the field at the Basin, looking wobbly, assume hit by a short ball from Muller? I didn't see the ball.

(Since when is the name of a Ford car a rude word ???)
Watched the replay, tried to leave one and it came back in from back of a length and copped it in the arm, walked away straight away and dropped the bat, looked in a fair bit of pain.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looked bad, the way he was helped off the ground makes me think it’s almost certainly a break.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Some nice looking shots in Georgeson’s 50, good start to the season for him. Wellington making this chase look like a bit of a doddle now.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Georgeson has lovely technique, temperament and immense patience. He'll play for black caps in future in the long format.

Troy Johnson another very promising batter and a leader. He has a bright future too but given his not so pleasing to eye technique and more of a bottom hand player will take little longer but I see him as another future black cap.

Nathan Smith with couple or more such spells and some runs to back which he's capable of will likely be the front runner post Neesham, Mitchell.

Firebirds aren't grabbing trophies but the individuals are shaping up nicely.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Georgeson has lovely technique, temperament and immense patience. He'll play for black caps in future in the long format.
He looks very classical. Viewing his boundaries highlight reel, looked as if I was watching some footage from the 30s and 40s.

Muller doesn't seem like a mug with the bat either. Will be interesting to see how he bowls on a wicket that doesn't look like paddock dusted with makeup foundation. Seems to have a bit of zip and some self belief, which is refreshing.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, can't think of any player with as good a record as Henry's who gets dismissed bowled through the gate as much as he does. You would've thought the batting coaches would've done something about it by now.

Meridio

International Regular
Finn Allen with an early entry for the comical dismissals highlights reel. Wellington cruising it though

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing that Wiggins tries to get his very weak pull shot into the game on the third ball of a Shield innings. Noticed that same agricultural look a couple of times in the last year.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Nearly claimed the big feather in the cap of both NZ Test batting stars.

Nicholls could become tough to dislodge this afternoon if he can find a partner, because he rates the Basin as probably his favourite ground to bat on, with the way it lends itself to his cutting and pulling strengths.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Young (wrist) and Rance (ankle) are out again. No indication of whether they're minor or major layoffs yet.