• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2021/22***

Flem274*

123/5
If we get knocked out of the gimmick will we have time to bring the test players home for a few games before going to India?

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Young (wrist) and Rance (ankle) are out again. No indication of whether they're minor or major layoffs yet.
Rance currently playing for Wairarapa in the Furlong Cup. Took 1/11 off 6 bowling 2nd change and got a first ball ? batting at 5

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No, the Stags (Margot Butcher) are easily the best of the six MAs for getting a nice pre-game write-up these days, but they're not very forthcoming on that story. He and Ajaz will just badly need a warm-up to be added to the schedule by the BCCI, it seems to me.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Iain O'Brien (current Wellington bowling coach) did always want Duffy under his tutelage. They'll have to come to an agreement and we'll send the Volts a token McPeake or something.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's some high-class engine rooming from Canterbury after being 56/5.

Also, I did not have Nathan Smith resuming being a promising bowler like he's 19 again on the cards for this season.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ would be lucky if that were the case. Even though reality has caught up with his test cricket career, Sam Curran seems to have an outsized impact on matches with both bat and ball, compared to what he looks like on paper.

Next for Smith to rediscover his batting mojo. Like Curran his bowling is very conditions-dependent so his batting probably has the higher ceiling.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Nathan Smith will be loving it here. He's got more wickets in two games than he would have on uni slow tracks. He's a pretty good bat he'll go well with the bat as well.

nzfan

Was loving watching Henry vs Rachin but Rachin's nemesis Fraser Sheat stuck unfortunately. Why Sheat? Don't know why Rachin had to try and drive him. Just block him out all day and hit others.

First look at Greenwood, he's survived tough phase. Looks an organized player but has had plenty of luck so far. Mistimed pull shot landing a bit away from the fielder, Henry beating his bat many times, an unattempted catch between slip and the keeper, leaving a ball to the slips, couple of edges away from the slips, lot of drama. The lad will get some runs today. He'll soon figure such luck only really lasts one game in a decade. Must be a very lucky day for him. Have seen him bat really well, must be very nervous on debut.

Just as I type another catch off Henry went down for Greenwood. No shame though Henry is as good a bowler vs right handers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That's some high-class engine rooming from Canterbury after being 56/5.

Also, I did not have Nathan Smith resuming being a promising bowler like he's 19 again on the cards for this season.
It's been noticeable how accurate he's been swinging it both ways. The dukaburra plus O'Brien-san's guidance seems to have really taken him to another level.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm thinking Cam Fletcher has quietly nosed himself in front of Cleaver should Blundell not work out.

nzfan

I'm thinking Cam Fletcher has quietly nosed himself in front of Cleaver should Blundell not work out.
He's been quite consistent over the years. Remember him scoring a good hundred vs India A not too long ago.