• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2021/22***

Flem274*

123/5
Interesting start. CD probably have a good start on an early season deck.

Otago's team sheet looks depleted. I don't see them winning a game unless Rutherford or the younger Phillips puts in an outstanding individual performance.

Pretty damning indictment on the player drain northwards. I know nzfan has done great things behind the scenes for Wellington but his suggestion to poach Nathan Smith is a serious blow Otago did not need after losing Wagner to Northern. They're left with Rutherford, Rippon and Duffy as their only proven FC standard cricketers. The rest are just so raw.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
@Flem274* @nzfan whats the rundown on this bayley wiggins kid? Has really good stats from his limited list A appearences and is currently 91(96) on fc debut batting at 7.

vandem

International 12th Man
ND FB post:

"Following the latest Government announcement on Alert Level restrictions & travel restrictions to players in the Waikato, our first Plunket Shield match against @cricketwellington at the Cello Basin Reserve on Oct 31-Nov 3 will now be postponed and rescheduled for later in the season.
We will update you as soon as we have more information!"

So ND games 1 and 2 now postponed.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great recovery from CD after 0/2, though disappointing Nuttall conceded nearly six an over, similar to his very expensive last season.

Snedden would've been a good draft pickup after all - I forgot he was the one that immediately made me think of Andy Caddick, something about the way he kicks his legs out in the delivery stride. And the ball is always going to swing or deck away with that action.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
@Flem274* @nzfan whats the rundown on this bayley wiggins kid? Has really good stats from his limited list A appearences and is currently 91(96) on fc debut batting at 7.
He's a pretty aggressive kind of batsman, what you generally get from most guys brought up in sunny hawkes bat where they don't have to leave balls all day and also have a chance to get on grass decks earlier than most other provinces. He's been around for quite some time, played for bit of age group and if I'm right here from the Sears, Nathan Smith, Troy Johnson batch. He can bat that's for sure. He's featured for CD A many times. Rosco missing meant he got to play.

nzfan

Interesting start. CD probably have a good start on an early season deck.

Otago's team sheet looks depleted. I don't see them winning a game unless Rutherford or the younger Phillips puts in an outstanding individual performance.

Pretty damning indictment on the player drain northwards. I know nzfan has done great things behind the scenes for Wellington but his suggestion to poach Nathan Smith is a serious blow Otago did not need after losing Wagner to Northern. They're left with Rutherford, Rippon and Duffy as their only proven FC standard cricketers. The rest are just so raw.
Nathan Smith had been under firebirds radar for free years. Just that he took time to make the switch. I think it'll help him progress. He'll nab plenty of wickets and with a bit more stronger batting lineup he'll be batting with less responsibility and more freedom. He picked up loads of wickets in the firebirds warm up games prior to the start of PS. Troy also has had good couple of warm up games.

To be fair to Volts, it's still early days. The first couple of games at basin is generally lottery for batters. Anaru, Ruds, Rippon can defenitely bat. The rest maybe not with the bat but they're are reasonable bowling unit bar Muller. Muller was all over today. Barely hit the right length barring maybe one ball to Rachin. Smith is a massive loss got otago but on uni ground and general lack of infrastructure he wasn't going to progress much. He'll do well in Wellington.

nzfan

Pretty much none of the internationals Latham, Nicholls, Allen, Blundell or Ravindra scored much. Wiggins, Wheeler and Johnson scored the rather big ones.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The rest maybe not with the bat but they're are reasonable bowling unit bar Muller. Muller was all over today. Barely hit the right length barring maybe one ball to Rachin.
Maybe he read your post this morning. Anyway 6-fer for Muller and 1st innings lead

Flem274*

123/5
Canterbury and their long tail are in a world of pain here.

After I trash talked Otago they're a solid chance of winning this game.

nzfan

Maybe he read your post this morning. Anyway 6-fer for Muller and 1st innings lead
Looks like it. Watched him bowl yesterday at the ground he was all over the place. To be fair everyone has just really started to play, still to hit the strap, the covid, MIQ etc.. I think it'll take time for most players to come to grips this season even more for ND and Aucklanders.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
After I trash talked Otago they're a solid chance of winning this game.
Early season green seamer always the best chance at a win for a side that has a collection of medium pacers but can't bat.

Looks like Wellington will need about 200 for the win, should be an interesting chase.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nathan Smith swinging it nicely both ways. That last dismissal was Jamieson-esque.

vandem

International 12th Man
Ravindra being escorrted off the field at the Basin, looking wobbly, assume hit by a short ball from Muller? I didn't see the ball.

(Since when is "escor_" like the name of a Ford car a rude word ???)

nzfan

That one reared up nasty to Rachin. Hope he's all right... Hope nothing broken. I think he's quite set to make the squad to India next month.