• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2021/22***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha this is so good, if it refers to Goran Paladin's (outstanding) impression of Snowden. Actually, Paladin's parody was so good I'm actually 100% honestly unsure as to whether Snowden actually said the following:

'High....wide....CAUGHT AT MID ON'
Paladin's pretty good at impressions - I think I remember his Danny Morrison being hilariously excellent too.

ataraxia

International Coach
Somerville's been in some form with bat this summer.

Interesting declaration considering it's Day 1 though...

jcas0167

International Debutant
Thorn Parkes and Jacob Cumming both named in the Otago squad for their next PS game.
A bonus of Rutherford's call up. Pretty cool to see Parkes finally debut. Discussed him with @Kippax here a few years ago after David White said he was an exceptionally talented player.

He does look like quite an attractive left-hander and very punishing of any width, Parkes.

King's College now bound to elevate the batting role and enjoy two more years of Muhammad Abbas (Azhar Abbas' son). 15 but already smoking them out of the park last week, potentially a terrific all-rounder.

Cricket: 14-year-old batsman Muhammad Abbas making waves in Auckland cricket

Last edited:

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Haha this is so good, if it refers to Goran Paladin's (outstanding) impression of Snowden. Actually, Paladin's parody was so good I'm actually 100% honestly unsure as to whether Snowden actually said the following:

'High....wide....CAUGHT AT MID ON'
Ha, funny stuff. This sounds about right, though. Ron Snowden used to miss swathes of the action from his commentaries. Compulsive listening.

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Paladin's pretty good at impressions - I think I remember his Danny Morrison being hilariously excellent too.
Paladin's impression are bang on. He could do a pretty good Billy Birmingham 12th Man type compilation if he wanted

Binkley

U19 Captain
Ha, funny stuff. This sounds about right, though. Ron Snowden used to miss swathes of the action from his commentaries. Compulsive listening.
He seemed a great character, but used to annoy the piss out of me when commenting on live cricket because he never used names and described things in a way that made it impossible to figure out what the **** was going on until everything was over. It was like he was commenting only for people who were at the ground and able to see who was doing what themselves. “Oooooooh. He’s gone short, and he’s hit it straight to him. And he runs through for the single.”

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
He seemed a great character, but used to annoy the piss out of me when commenting on live cricket because he never used names and described things in a way that made it impossible to figure out what the **** was going on until everything was over. It was like he was commenting only for people who were at the ground and able to see who was doing what themselves. “Oooooooh. He’s gone short, and he’s hit it straight to him. And he runs through for the single.”
This made me laugh more than it probably should have. That's exactly how he used to commentate. Hilarious.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Five wicket bag for Simon Keene on debut helping Auckland to the win. I vaguely remember he was in the under 19 WC side a couple of years ago.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Another 'son of' in Hawke Cup. 17 year-old Thomas O'Connor (son of Shayne) was picked for Otago Country to play South Canterbury over the weekend, but the match was rained off without a ball bowled.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Five wicket bag for Simon Keene on debut helping Auckland to the win. I vaguely remember he was in the under 19 WC side a couple of years ago.

He's actually a very good bat as well..

Riley, Simon, Hira, Dhadwal brothers all play for the same club. Been hearing a lot of good things about Riley as well. The dude smashes it.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Jacob Cumming looks a reasonable bat. Not so sure about Parkes. Are there no experienced batters in Otago? Broom could still be playing and performing. He's just retired from all forms of cricket. Broom was a good player. For some reason he didn't tick as he was expected to. His batting in the last 2-3 years looked the best.